23. Choices...

Selene sat in her room thinking on her plans. She felt her power building and it would be time to start taking action.Though her hesitancy to do so kept her back.

She worried for her child. The little one was growing quickly. Unfortunately, the boy went into a coma to allow his body to process such transitions. Nothing she said eased Erebus' stress about it. His agitation was because of the changes she caused in him.
Her anger fueled his anger and power. He noticed the changes when others pointed it out. Stronger, faster his wolf increased in size. He wasn't happy about him not being able to fit into his clothes anymore. Shirts tight from the muscle build and pants too short from the inches of height making him six feet- seven inches now. His battle for control made him inconsistent, sweet today but bitter tomorrow.

Kila worried her the most. She rarely spoke a word to her ever since meeting her mate. He was permitted to walk around the pack as a trial period. Kila never looked his direction and her mate is now depressed from the rejection. Kila drowned herself in work.
Selene thought that Kila blamed her, when she asked Kila what she could do she was only met with a harsh door slam.
Garrett was the only one keeping things stable as the temper damper for Kila and Erebus.

Selene focused on the pack and things were progressing with them. She spent some days at the pack's preschool with the children, training with her new designated warriors who are tasked to be the new delegation of head warriors. They were the purest hearted and tactical of the warriors. They showed her respect regardless of her time being seen as less than others.

She trailed through the forest barefooted while going through her thoughts. She sighed, a gesture she  adapted from her time interacting with others. Calla and Iris were walking beside her to keep guard. They didn't get along with the pack's adult members but loved the children. If they weren't watching Selene, they would stay close to Silva or play with the pack's children. Erebus and the others barely spoke to her for her to even properly introduce her companions.

The mating system was the first thing she had to repair.
How it had broken during her time down here was unknown to her but it had to be fixed. It had its goal but she had created the system to give the children what she couldn't have, a love that couldn't be broken. Selene never gave herself time to feel anything for her husband. It was never the time to do so.

Tears never came but she felt her heart weep at his betrayal of her trust. Her love caused her children's soul to suffer, a parent's greatest sin.

"Hello, Garrett," called Selene.

He jumped and growled at her direction before acknowledging her presence. He bowed his head and walked over to her. She returned his greeting with a delicate curtsey holding the tight waisted, over the knee, black, thin strapped dress.
She ran her black gloved fingers through his fur.

"Are you patrolling?" she asked.

He huffed a 'no'. Selene was not apart of the pack because she hadn't gone through the pack's joining ceremony. She refused because it required a blood exchange, an act she was hesitant to do with Erebus.
Garrett ran off to return in his humane form a few minutes later in shorts alone.

"Why are you out here with these two?" he asked her as they walked together. Iris and Calla stayed behind them but followed closely.

"I am thinking on what I must do," she said.

"The crazy husband- kids thing- trying to eat you must be troublesome." Selene chuckled.

"It has been hundreds of years of us going back and forth in this. Eachann had nine hundred years to build his numbers before then. I kept my help to a minimum because I despise risking other's lives for my gain," Selene said.