37. Savior Complex.

Dane had spent all night awake and waiting for the right time. Kila had stayed up all night checking through things once Erebus and the others had left.
It took some minor effort to get her to go to bed. Now he sat on the bed next to her watching her face, a now gentle snooze replaced the aggressive furrow of her eyebrows.

"Kila, I have to go check on my family. I'll gone for a little while," he whispered.
She mumbled something and went back to sleep. He kissed her cheek, conveying a thousand apologies in the small gesture.

Dane had made up his mind before to return to the Council. Requesting an Alpha's meeting required too much preparation and would tarnish the pack's name. He couldn't let them do something like that when he could more easily distract them and divert their attention to buy them more time.

Dane returned to the main grounds of the Council's headquarters freshly showered and shaved after taking a little over a day to return. The security and workers all bowed in his presence as he strolled through the halls with proud shoulders. His stride held pride to walk through these halls, if only they knew.

He went to the office of his older brother, Machar. He knocked on the doors and entered without hearing a greeting. His elder sister held his brother's face in her palms and his arms were firmly gripping her waist.
Dane knew of his infatuation with his half sister, before it disgusted him, but with the knew perspective due to having twin mates, it made him less protestant towards them.

"Dub'h, you've returned," Una said as she cleared the space between her and Machar. He chose to ignore their awkwardness.

"I got word about you finding a lead to mother. I got it when I came back from my trip," said Dane.

Machar stepped to his brother proudly. "She in the Aianes Rivera Pack," said Machar.

"I know, and because of your announcement you ruined my plan to get close to her," said Dane annoyingly.

"You knew? Why wasn't this reported?" growled Machar.

"I went into the Aianes Rivera pack as a Hunter working for the Council and looking for her. Once I did find her I got captured with the intent of getting close to her until this ridiculous declaration that put them on guard," he explained.

Una sighed and pinched her brow.
"Why didn't you bring her with you?" she asked.

"She's gone, I don't know her location. She will return though," Dane answered.
Machar's fist tightened and he growled.

"Withdraw the declaration, it'll bring her back sooner and I can go back in and get her myself," said Dane.

"No, we'll withdraw it but you must stay here, the final preparations for father's revival is happening ahead of schedule. An alternative to reviving him and allowing him to transcend to another level is in the works," said Machar. Una's lips turned to a frown.

"What plan?" Dane hadn't heard of them having such a thing in the works.

Machar sat back in his chair with a dark smirk.
"You'll find out soon," he said.

"Do you know her identity in the pack?" asked Una.

"She's not an official pack member but she's liked and they let her stick around." His words were vague but true. Few knew that elder children were unable to tell full lies. Their tongues learned to work it to their advantage over time.

Dane didn't like the feel of this. His siblings never withheld anything from him before. He was the first to know, until now. He would have to be careful for now.

"Fine. Whatever suits you, I'm gonna go flirt with the assistants," he said as he walked out of the office escaping the disturbing sexual tension between his siblings.