40. They're Back!

Kila, Erebus and Garrett started barking orders to get Selene to the clinic. Kila dove into work, Garrett and Erebus waited for Selene's examination to be finished.

Kila walked out of the room barely clinging to the function of her legs walking. First Dane, now Selene.

"How is she?" asked Erebus.

"She's- she's in a coma. Whatever happened to her forced her body to shut down almost entirely. If she weren't who we know her to be I would've written her off as brain dead," she told him.

Erebus gripped his chest and walked into the room where Selene was. Knowledge was pain and power to a mate. Just as knowing your mate's name affected the bond, knowing something was wrong with your mate would affect you too.

"Where is Dane? I wasn't able to feel the bond anymore and now that I'm back its ridiculously weak," he said.

Kila swallowed then sighed,"We'll talk in a moment, did you guys find what you were looking for?" asked Kila. Garrett nodded and frowned.

"We found it. Its still in the trunk the wolves that were with us are guarding it. I'm taking it to the cellar after I see Dane," Garrett explained. His face changed to that of worry when he looked at Kila intently.

"When was the last time you slept?" asked Garrett.

"The night you guys left," she answered.

"That's five days ago Kila!"

"Ten, you were gone for ten days," said Kila.

"That's not possible, we even got back here a day and a half early because we drove through the nights only stopping for gas," he said. Had time warped while they were in the Valley?

"What happened Kila? Where is Dane?" he asked. Her vision blurred.

"Why are you crying?" he asked.

"Dane is over there," she pointed to the room next to Selene's.

His eyebrows furrowed and he quickly walked over to the room. Garrett slide the door open and Kila practically heard his heart stop.

"Hey, hey! Garrett he's alive. Calm down, he's alive," she said.

Garrett regained his balance and went over to Dane.

"He was poisoned, with Twilight Sulphur. I tried using the antidote recipe on him that I used on Selene but its not working," she said. Garrett kept his eyes on Dane. "He went back to the Council the morning after you guys left. I didn't know where he went because he said he was going to see his siblings. I thought he was talking about Aria and Raymond."

"He went back so that we wouldn't have to tarnish the reputation of the pack. The Council pulled back their declaration because of him. But I guess the Council was onto him and he tried to escape," she finished. Garrett turned to his sister and hugged her tightly.

"I'm so sorry I left you to deal with all of this on your own," he told her. Kila gripped onto his back and her fingers dug into his flesh.

"I can't save him Gar. What do I do?" she mumbled into his chest through sniffles.

"We'll figure it out, together. I promise," said Garrett.

□ □ □ □

Kila knocked on the door of Selene's room. Erebus smiled weakly and came outside.

"What is it?" he asked. Erebus was not happy to hear about Dane's condition earlier. He blamed himself for it.

"The pack is being monitored by the Council. I found these black boxes wedged into surrounding trees. They can listen in onto our phone calls. Its why I never contacted you guys," she explained. Erebus growled. Kila placed an assuring hand on her shoulder.