28. Unspoken Words

Erebus stood outside on the patio of the pack house with his arms folded and head bowed to calm himself. He took slow and steady breaths and came to his senses.

"You good?" asked Garrett.

"I'm fine," he replied quickly.

"Wanna talk about what you heard so far?" asked Garrett. Erebus huffed tiredly.

"I spent the first couple months of being with her, convincing her that this- us wasn't a mistake. But now that she believes that it wasn't. She's gonna just..." Erebus cleared his throat.

"I get it. I've seen how you two are together," said Garrett.

"No you don't. You guys see the 'little sister you have to nurture Selene'. The Selene I know, the one no one has ever seen. She's addicting Garrett. Her wisdom, her smile, the way she processes and executes things. The way she- the way she looks at Silva. I can't get enough of that. This anger I have, she thinks its because of her power returning. What this really is... This is the withdrawal from not having that drug entirely. Ever since Lenora." Erebus stopped.

Garrett walked next to Erebus. He put a hand on his shoulder and brought their heads together.

"I know about Lenora. Selene does too," he told him.

"Lenora called me her mate and that withdrawal started. Withdrawal from myself and others and- withdrawal from Selene. Its a continuous battle of thinking I'll lose her and having potentially no control over it," said Erebus bitterly soft.

"You're that deep into her?"

"I love her. Screw the mate bond. Its her. Just her." Garrett sighed and stepped back.

"You'll figure this out. For now, you should tell her how you have been really feeling. Exploding on her isn't going to solve anything. There's still more for you two to talk about. You can't process this until you've heard everything. Finish that talk and we can sort through all of it together." Garrett said. Erebus breathed deeply and nodded.

Erebus walked back into the pack house and to his office.

"Where is she?" he asked Kila.

"Working, or with Silva," she answered.

"You're not gonna lecture me too?"

"Not my problem, I have better things to worry about. Like my mate and brother being so close that they're practically living together," Kila grumbled and walked passed him.

Erebus turned and went to find Selene. She walked out of Silva's room and stopped when she saw him.

"Can we finish that talk?" he asked.
Selene cleared her throat and nodded.

They made it back to the office and sat next to each other with as much space as the couch could offer.

"I'm sorry about my outburst from before," Erebus said.

"It is my fault regardless," she said. He started to speak but she cut him off.
"You are a direct descendant of the Monarch of Shifters. Its masked by the fact you are born of two Alphas, but it is there and it is losing it's dormant state because of me," she told him. Erebus' eyes widened.

"That's ridiculous. My parents never mentioned anything about that," he argued.

"There is one more thing. If one of your parents are one of the first born children then it means they have eternal life," she said.

Erebus stood quickly and stumbled back.

"I am sorry beloved. But I believe your parents are still alive."