27. Planning...

Kila, Erebus and Garrett sat in the office of Erebus. Kila and her were able to remedy their connection but her and Erebus still had much to discuss.

"There is a lot that needs to be said," she started with a sigh.

"Then say it," said Erebus bitterly. His face switched to a frown and he looked at her apologetically.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" asked Garrett angrily. "Stop snapping at her."

Erebus didn't argue. He sunk into his chair and focused his eyes on his clasped hands on his desk.

Selene knew part of his reasoning for his bitterness towards her.

"Eachann is going to escape eventually. I can sense the cage's lock breaking. But when he does, I cannot kill him. As a goddess, a creature that has even a small part of a human's soul cannot be killed by us. We can however absorb human souls entirely, but it takes a toll on us" she said.

"Why didn't you absorb him before?" asked Garrett.

"Taking in a human soul can cause my abilities to become unstable. It will make things within my domain to be effected. The moon's cycle could be thrown off, the tides can shift and potential natural disasters can happen. During the time my abilities will need to stabilize, children who have passed on won't be able to find rest."

Selene biggest worry was how her incapacitation would hurt her children. But she knew the true pain that could befall them would come if she doesn't stop Eachann permanently.

"What do we need to do?" asked Erebus.

"The Council is coming soon. I have been able to sense the leaves of the Silver Forest trees circulating more rapidly since I became aware of their presence, they will be drawn to me. The Council must be stopped so that I can take on Eachann without their interference," she said.

"Take on the Council. That's dangerous and crazy," said Garrett.

"What choice do we have? They're going to come to us regardless," said Kila. They looked to Erebus. His eyes were hardened and his fists were clenched tightly.

"We'll do it," said Erebus.

"You're serious about this? Going to war with the Council." Garrett stood with his hands in his pockets. Erebus nodded.

"Well, war it is." Garrett sighed.

"Garrett, could you keep a hold on Erebus?" asked Kila. He shrugged and moved to stand next to his desk. Erebus furrowed his eyebrows.
Kila placed a comforting hand on Selene's shoulder.

"My role in this is not one I can take with an open heart, but it is one I rather take than to allow you all to be unsafe.
Eachann's spirit is locked away in the Silver Forest but his body is here on earth. The moment his spirit is released, it will be attracted to his body. Immortals do not decay and can live as long as their soul is intact. If his soul is destroyed he can be done for entirely. His body must be found and locked away and his spirit must be trapped permanently."

"Sounds good. What about this makes it bad for you?" asked Garrett.
Selene frowned.

"Eachann has enough power to transcend and become a god. I cannot absorb him because of this as well. I intend to become a cage for his spirit."

Erebus shot up from his seat.
"Are you out of your mind?! That's not happening." Erebus fumed. Garrett stayed on guard.

"It is the only way. I must do this," said Selene.

"And what's supposed to happen after this? You live with me and our son with your ex-husband trapped inside of you?" asked Erebus. Selene bowed her head. Kila hugged her side.

"I must return to the earth's core along with Eachann's spirit and put it to rest, permanently," she answered.
Erebus froze in place. His anger dissapeared and sadness claimed him

"You're going to die," he muttered. Selene didn't look his way.

"It is what must be done." Selene said softly.

Erebus sat back into his seat.
"And, there are no other options?" he asked.

"None without suffering from many. It is the only one where no one suffers," she said.

"What about me? What about Silva? Garrett? Kila? What about us?" he asked.

"I can guess her plans for that already," sighed Garrett. "You're gonna make us forget you, like you did before with Erebus. You're not the type to leave others to be hurt," he said. Selene nodded.
"I can't hear this shit anymore," Erebus cursed and left out the room.

"Leave him. He needs time," said Kila.

"Alpha Erebus will have the mate he is supposed to have. Our meeting was a mistake. A mistake I should not have condoned. I fear my learned humanity is the cause of his pain."

"He'll be fine," assured Garrett.

"Will you?" asked Selene.

"Me? Come on, look at this face. I know you got your responsibilities. Its your life anyway," he said.

"You are just like Beloved. You say everything is fine yet your pant pockets holding your fist is staining red slowly and your eye color has turned black," said Selene. Garrett dropped his smile quickly.

"You understand why he doesn't want this?" he asked.

"No shifter wants to lose their mate. But I am not who he must be with Garrett. I can feel it, I know why he didn't come near me anymore before. He knows that...Lenora is the one." Selene cried. "I will not be the reason they cannot be together. Lenora is one of my children. I cannot hurt her. No matter how much I-." She stops. Garrett pats her head softly.

"I'll go talk to him," he said and left.

"Selene," Kila called.

"I must go. There are preparations to be made for the pack's warriors," she said.

"Selene."

"Kila do not. Please, I am- I have my duty to my children," she said and walked away quickly.

Selene refused to waver. She had made her decision and she intended to stick with it.

Her time with Erebus was enough for her. The memory would be enough to allow her meet her end in some contentment.

Selene went to Silva's room in the pack house to check on him. They agreed to keep the little one hidden from the rest. His quick growth would be troublesome to explain to others. Selene sighed. Silva was another part of her plan she wasn't ready for. To give the little one a new mother and seal apart of himself away. It tore at her heart but his safety was more important than her feelings.

"Little moon, what are you doing?" she asked as she entered the room. It was quickly redesigned for his age but the all white tone scheme remained.

"Mommy, I'm getting ready to go," he said. Selene looked at him confused.

"Go where darling?"

"To the shiny forest in my dream. Me and mommy are gonna go there right?" his silver moon eyes glistened with excitement.

"I... I do not think so Silva. You shall stay here with your father so he can protect you," she said. Silva pouted his plump brown lips.

"But I wanna meet your sibling. They said that we can meet when I go with you," he hiccupped. Selene's eyes narrowed. She touched the boys head gently. Silva's mind grew faster than his already hastened body.

"I am sure they would love you. But my sibling must not come to earth. Not unless I return to the Forest. The balance would through the earth's stability off." Selene frowned. That statement wasn't entirely correct. It would take some time before the balance shifted. It made her wonder, where was her sibling? Where they quietly looking over her? This was her burden to bear.
She shook her head, her burden indeed.

"Silva, no matter what happens. Please understand my intentions," she said softly. Silva tilted his head curiously. She shook her head.
"I love you Silva, my little moon."

"I love you too mommy," he said and hugged her tightly.

Selene hugged him back assuring herself, it is what must be done...