48. Awaken Alpha.

I am awful at interacting and... everything else. But I really want to thank everyone for sticking with this story so far. I never thought that anyone would actually want to read something of mine. I have a ridiculously long way to go but all of you give me the courage to get better.
Thank You!!!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Breathe in, breathe out. He trained himself gesture by gesture how to do the simplest of things. Breathing, hearing. After dying one thousand three hundred and twenty-five times he was worst off than any newborn infant. He managed to think in coherent words after mumbling himself into a headache. Now if only he could just breathe...

Selene sat in the living room of Alpha home with a sleeping Silva. He wanted to be close to his father. She understood but didn't allow him to enter the room. No child should watch their parent suffer.

She got up and went to check on Erebus. She stood at the door looking at his still form. Selene sighed and shifted to leave the room when a gust of wind touched her shoulder.

"Sister," they called.

Selene turned and could not believe her eyes. "Sibling," she muttered. "How..."

"Fate has changed. I walk the earth now. But I come to you with much to say and apologize for."

"Apologize?" Selene questioned. They nodded.

"Come with me, we will talk elsewhere."

Selene led them to the room next door. She turned and enveloped her sibling into a tight hug. A gesture they were shocked to receive.

"You can...hug?" said the sibling with shock and joy.

"I have learned much since my time here," said Selene.

"I can see that. You smile as well."
Selene frowned. "That is because of Beloved. He has taught me what the lesser experience as joy."

The sibling frowned once again. "Sister I must apologize," they said.

"What for?" she questioned.

Sibling waved a finger and a ring of glowing red and blue strings circled them. Selene's eyes sparkled with warmth.

"The mating system. It is repairing," said Selene. The sibling shook their head.

"I broke it. I am sorry sister." Selene looked at them in confusion.

"Why would you do something like that?"

"You were hurt. I couldn't do anything other than to watch. I couldn't watch anymore so I found a way to give you a companion. Someone to save you."

"You... do you know how many of my children were hurt because of this!" Selene yelled. They nodded.

"I tied your string of faith into your system."

"I do not have one." Her sibling avoided her eyes. Selene dangled back. "No. You did not."

"I took only a fragment of your heart and a branch of the Silver forest head tree. I created a string."

"That is why I became mated to him. It's why I was able to bear children," she said. They nodded.

"Sibling. That is against principle. The faiths would-."

"The fates have opened a path for me to fix things. in what way? I do not know but it opened a path for me too. They made my own string to input into your system and it is changing and growing."

"You...have a destined one?" asked Selene. They nodded.

"A child of yours, Lenora. Your beloved's original mate," they answered.

Selene huffed a jagged sigh, "I see. Does this fixing of your mistakes include undoing what has already been created?" The sibling knew what she was implying.
"I will not take them away from you. No matter what it costs me. That is how I intend to make up for my discretions," they said. Selene released a stiff breath. She passed a hand through the delicate strings. Her eyes softened.

"Humans, because of you. Humans now have mates too." Selene sighed again.

"I am sorry sister."

"You are forgiven. You have given me a gift regardless. My Beloved and my child are no mistake. They taught me that lesson personally." She tilted her head."What is the consequence of your being on earth again? Is your seal still intact?" she asked. Their smile faded.

"It is, for the most part. But I fear the connection of a mate is pushing things aside."

"You have no room within you for a mating bond. You barely had room for the seal. Sibling you must return to the higher plane."

"I am not going back there!" they yelled. Selene face hardened. Her eyes shone and her hair color returned.

"Do not raise your voice at me," Selene warned.

Even her own sibling knew there were some things you do not do.
They retreated and cleared their throat. Even if they were older, respect was still that, respect.

"I have no desire to return. Just as you wouldn't return to the Silver Forest without hesitation, I too am unable to return," they said. Selene calmed herself, she couldn't afford to have an outburst without Kila around to stop her. Kila, Garrett. she hoped they were okay. She did not want to intrude on them until things were completed. She had faith that they would be okay. Well, as much faith as a goddess-guardian with her own pool of detrimental plans could logically have...

"The child is coming. Should I go?" they asked.

Selene shook her head, "you are family. He should know his mother's family as well." The sibling's heart warmed. They were glad they didn't want them to hide.

"Mommy?" a soft voice called out. She turned and looked at a sleepy Silva rubbing his eyes out roughly yet lazily.

"You'll hurt your eyes little moon," she said as she lift the big boy up.

"They're itchy," he said. The little one moved his hand and one of the little moon's he had for an eye glowed like the morning sun. Selene sucked in a sharp breath.

"Beloved..."

He made it. He fought through it and did not leave them. Selene beamed with pride and relief threatened her tear ducts.

"Silva, do you remember the stories of my sibling and I?" she asked. Silva nodded. "This is my sibling."

"Humans would say that I am your Pibling. Since gender does not apply to me," they said.

"Pie?" asked Silva.

"Pi."

"Pie?"

The sibling gave up, "sure child, Pie."

"Hi Pie!"

"A celestial being like me being reduced to a food dish. The fates would actually manage a snicker at this," they said.

"Pie played with me before. You give me flowers," said Silva.

"That was our secret little one," they pouted. Silva covered his mouth. Selene arched an eyebrow at them.

"You have been quite involved in my dealings haven't you," she said bitterly but held a soft smile.

"I am sorry."

"No need. This is good. Since you two have met. I trust my sibling to look after you for a little while I take care of your father," said Selene. Her sibling had no room to protest. Silva took their hand and pulled them out of the room.

"Let's go Pie!"

"Now I remember why I didn't miss you," they grumbled.

"Look after your nephew well."

Selene listened to them scamper down the halls. She bolted into the next room and her eyes lost the fight, silver tears fell slowly.

Erebus sat up in the bed dazed with a head of white bright locs and hazel eyes brighter than the first time she'd ever looked into them.

"Beloved..." she whispered. She knew he wouldn't be able to do anything, the upright position he managed was its own miracle. He would regain his functions in due time. For now, she relished in the chance to look into those eyes again.