The Talk

Marinette

Now me and Tikki have had a lot of talks since we came here. So there's a couple of talks he could be speaking of. I have an idea about the one he's talking about though. I'm really not ready to talk about this right now, I'm too tired and lack energy.

"Tt there's no reason to lie I already know" I rolled my eyes "I don't know what you're talking about" I crossed my arms. "Okay then let me refresh your memory" I raised my eyebrow how could he possibly.

"These are Tikki's exact words" he cleared his throat "You know Mari it's never bad to open up and give others a chance such as a certain Ice Prince" he had to hear that conversation out of all of them. "Is your memory refreshed?" I looked at him and leaned forward. "Nope" I got up and went to walk out of the door.

Instead I was pulled back in the cousin into a hug struggling to get out of it. "Tt you know Angel this would be a lot easier if you just spoke to me about it rather than dealing with it by speaking to Tikki" I huffed and stopped struggling.

"I don't wanna talk about it" he sat me back on the chair and sat across from me. "Tt" he pinched the bridge of his nose. "Tt what's the reason?" I was confused "What's the reason for what?" He just looked at me like he was analyzing me.

"Tt what's the reason for talking to Tikki instead of me when it involves me?" I looked at him then looked away. "The reason is I've never had to deal with this and I'm not ready to. Bella had been...." I paused I was giving away way too much information.

"Tt Bella has been what?" He asked I turned back to him. "Bella has been happier since she's met you. I can understand why, but I don't want her to be hurt when we go back home" he leaned back into the chair.

"Tt but that's not all you're hiding so spill" I frowned slightly so much for seeing how things play out. "I'm not hiding anything else" he got up and sat directly in front of me and held my hands. "Tt just tell me" I'll closed my eyes then opened them.

I looked at him and could see the sadness they carried. Did I make him sad? Fucking hell see this is what I didn't want. I came to Gotham to see where I came from, to see my aunts again. I didn't come to make things complicated for me and someone else. I didn't come here to get put in situations with my feelings. So why am I in that situation, what did I honestly do to deserve the pain I'm about to feel.

I was so lost in thought I didn't even notice the tear that fell. I felt him wipe it away but he's just making things so much more complicated. The Ice Prince of Gotham is not the emotions type. That's why this is so complicated, because while I may start to like him he will not return it. Just like everyone has said since I've been here, he doesn't date, he doesn't do feelings, he shows no interest in people at all.

I took a big breath "You're making things really complicated you know" I dry laughed escaped. "How?" I took both of our hands and cupped his face. "Because while you can deal with your feelings, I can not which makes this complicated." He tried to speak but I cut him off.

"I came to Gotham so I could see where I'm from but also see my aunts again. I never expected to put me or you in this complicated situation. I'd rather not ruin your whole Ice Prince reputation. We both have different feelings, feelings neither of us need to talk about. Which is why me and Tikki talked, I've never had to deal with something like this. Now that I have there's obviously no going back for me or Bella. So now I'm just hoping to god that when I get on that plane in two months....My heart is still whole" I release my hands and stood up to walk away.

But before I could I was instantly engulfed in a hug. "What are you doing?" I asked holding my arms to my side confused. "Tt do you not know what a hug is? It'd be better if you hugged me back" I hesitated but hugged him.

"Tt you never gave me a chance to talk you know. Instead you got up and tried to walk off" I turned my head to the side. "I know" I whispered, we walked into the room I sat on the bed. Bella had began to cry a little and he picked her up before I could. She instantly calmed down and went back to sleep, I wanted to smile at the moment but I couldn't. In 2 months we'll be gone and Bella will be upset, she probably won't see him again.

I took a deep breath and ran my hands down my face. "Tt it's true I do have a reputation, I'm supposed to be the Ice Prince of Gotham." I couldn't meet his gaze, he wrapped his arm around me and Bella. I tried pulling away but at that point listening seemed like the best option.

"Tt, while it's been not even a week I've somehow come to love this little Princess as if she were my own child. So clearly my 'reputation' is irrelevant around you two. It's not like anyone outside of this house knows anything" I just practice controlling my powers of creation while he continued speaking.

"I never said anything about my feelings not did I say we had different ones. On top of that I only came to the airport because I was forced to. I never planned on any of this either yet somehow it happened anyways. There's clearly no going back for me either after this whole thing.

Like you said I've never even thought about the possibility that I'd be in this situation. I've never dated anyone or liked anyone for that matter. My friend Rachel is very...persistent even knowing I can't reciprocate her feelings. She's kind of making it awkward to work with her still.

Then you and Bella came along and here I am speaking to you about the one thing my mother said was a weakness. So here's a thought, we can figure this out together so both of us can have whole hearts in the end. Cool?" I stopped using my powers and thought about it.

The more I thought the sleepier I got, I was processing it. I was also very low on energy after what I did with Aunt Harley. So all I managed to get out is a hum signaling I agreed. Then I was engulfed in darkness with nothing but my thoughts to deal with.