CH 8: Midnight Run

CH 8: Midnight Run (Jay POV)

I can not fuck this up tonight. I can not fuck this up tonight. I can not fuck this up tonight. I have been repeating this in my head since I left Izza's room this morning. Things with my mate are on a very fine edge. If I fall to one side she will reject me, but if I rise to the other... If I rise, I will get everything I have ever dreamed of.

Knowing that tonight has to be perfect, I have been working my ass off all day. I know where I will take her for our run. I have also planned out a nice resting place for us. Spending the day cleaning up, what I hope to name as our spot, has been hard work. There was a lot of overgrown brush and debris. I carried out some clothes, blankets, and nonperishable snacks. I even went extra cheesy and strung up some battery-powered twinkle lights. I hope she likes them. I feel like such a tool. I am so fucked.

At dinner she is quiet. She says a few words to Everest, but he seems distracted as well. Hailey seems happy, so I'm trying to stay out of that mess. As I said, I can not fuck this up. If I am an ass to Everest, then that won't win me any favor with Izza. I tried to hold her hand as we ate, but she was stubborn as ever and kept pulling away. Why won't she just submit? We are mates for fuck's sake.

I've submitted. I would gladly hand over my balls to her and grow a vag if that's what it would take. It felt so good to have her in my arms last night. I was afraid to fall asleep, but when I did sleep it was the most peaceful sleep of my life. It felt right. I felt whole.

At nine I knocked on her door. At first, I was afraid she wasn't going to answer. It took a moment, but there she finally stood. She is a beautiful site. Her fiery red hair has been left down in loose curls down her back. A T-shirt dress covers her body and it looks as if that is all she's wearing. Her nipples are already pointing daggers through her top. It's like they are pointing at me. I know I need to stop staring at her tits but I can't. I bet she isn't wearing underwear either. She didn't do this for me though. She did this because of the shift. Fewer clothes equal easier transition.

"Hey, Monster Cock, my eyes are a little north of your gaze." I look up to see a smile on her face.

What did she just call me? The Cookie Monster stirs in my pants. He is pleased by her comment. So am I. "I know they are, but I feel like they are staring at me," I reach out and graze one of her pointed nipples with the back of my hand. Watching her shutter under my touch offers another stir down below. "I like your new name for me."

Her voice trembled for a moment as she admits, "I can't call you small dick anymore, not in good conscience. That thing could damn near have its own zip code."

A low growl escapes me as a warning. If she expects us to do anything more tonight, other than me fucking her senseless, then she needs to stop talking about my cock. "Cookie, unless you want to stay inside with me tonight locked in your room, I think we need a conversation change."

She clears her throat but her eyes are flickering between green and black. Her wolf is trying to surface and I am hit by a wave of her arousal. I am a split second from dragging her into her room when she speaks, "Why would I want to be locked away with the likes of you?"

That smart mouth of hers. I have a few ideas of other ways to keep it busy, but it may have been necessary at this moment. It's the only thing that stopped me from taking her. "You know why," I clear my throat, adjust the hardened tent in my sweats and take a step back. "I promised you a run. There's a place I would like to show you. If you're ready to go?"

When I turn and walk away, I listen with hopeful ears. I hope that she is following, and after a beat, my wish is granted. "So where are you taking me?" She asks catching up to my side.