CH 17: Friendzoned

CH 17: Friendzoned (Michka's POV)

I pace the kitchen nervously as I wait for Samantha to arrive. Picking at some apple slices as I wait. I'm not really hungry, but it helps to keep me occupied. It's not long before I hear my name being called and Samantha finds me as I'm leaning against the counter. I am positioned so she can't see my belly.

"Michka, you are as beautiful as ever." She moves towards me, but I hold up my hand. She looks hurt that I stopped her from greeting me with an embrace, but I need to come to clean first.

"Hi, Samantha, it's nice to see you again." I try to train my face so that my smile is warm and welcoming. My situation is not her fault.

"Please call me Sam." She takes a seat in one of the barstools on the opposite side of the counter. "How are you feeling about being back here."

"I feel okay." I keep my posture so I am leaning over. "I'm not sure how to explain this but..."

"Oh, honey you don't have to explain anything." She pipes in before I can continue.

"Oh but I do." I stand up straight and take a step back so she can see my full form.

I watch as a stream of emotions floats across her face. At first, she is confused, I see a glimmer of anger followed by a bright smile. Finally, she lets out a squeal as she sprints around the counter. Before I can even blink, I'm pulled in for a tight hug. Sam cries as she holds me and I cry with her.

"I am so sorry." She sobs.

"Not your fault." My words are mumbled into her shoulder.

After we both calm down she asks if she can touch my belly, and I say okay. I haven't been a big fan of many people touching my pup bump, but it is her grandpup. "Do you know what you're having?"

I shake my head. Tears start to well in my eyes again. "It's okay," She pats my back. "You have been to a doctor?"

"Yes, I just... It took me... It's not been easy. I take care of myself because it has kept me occupied. I have been trying to eat right, and exercise. They asked me if I wanted to know, and I just couldn't face it alone."

"You don't have to be alone in this." She looks away as she asks, "Have you talked to him?"

"No. He left before I found out, and I know I should tell him, but how do you... How do you tell someone this when... He didn't want me, so why would he care?" My cheeks are wet. I'm not sure when I started to cry again.

Sam pulls me in for another hug. She lets me cry into her shoulder for a long time. She doesn't talk. She doesn't push for other details. After a while we discuss my returning to Blue Moon with her. We had already talked about it, and I want to go. Hailey is sensitive about my pregnancy and Izza and Jay have already done too much for me.

When we arrive at Blue Moon's Packhouse, she leads me up to the Alpha floor. I try to protest, but she won't take no for an answer. Saying that someone should be using it since her son isn't.

From there I make myself at home. I guess it would be considered nesting. I replace his bedding with my own, but I can still smell him. I find a picture of Hailey and him at prom. It's not my finest moment, but after I shatter the frame, I burn the picture. I hold no grudges against Hailey, but I just can't help myself.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with my OBGYN. It took Sam the better part of a week to talk me into an ultrasound, but I'm happy she is going with me. She's excited to see her grandpup and it has me excited too.

I'm cuddled up in bed with my C-shaped pillow when I hear a noise in the living room. Oh, shit someone is here. Before I can disentangle myself from my blankets the bedroom door opens. For the first time in months, I lay eyes on my mate.