CH 11: Fallen Angel

CH 11: Fallen Angel (Dian's POV)

Life sucks and then you die. Do you have any idea how much it sucks to love someone and them belong to someone else? To watch someone else get your happily ever after.

For years she was mine. Hailey was mine. My everything. My first kiss. My best friend. My only love. When we found out we weren't mates, it crushed me. I know that's the risk we ran by dating before we were of age, but you don't choose who you fall for. I fell for her hard. I never even looked at another girl.

When we found out, she wasn't mine it nearly killed me. Of course, grandma Glenda, the good bitch, had to tell her where to find her mate. She just scampered off after her mate like we meant nothing to each other. She accepted it. I did not.

Then she disappeared. I blamed everyone. Her grandmother, for telling her to go. Her mother, for letting her go. Jay, for going with her. The asshole who claimed to be her mate, for letting them take her. I hated them all. Over three years, I pursued every lead to find her.

It was just my luck that the dickwad found her first. He convinced her that she was his. Without her wolf, she could have still been mine. For a short while, he messed up. I'm not sure what happened, but she was back by my side. It was different though. She knew I wasn't her mate, so she wouldn't let me touch her as before. I tried to kiss her and she punched me.

I knew that girls' night was only for girls. I expected her to be there, but I didn't expect him to be with her. She said he was there as her mate. Talk about having a knife shoved in your chest. It was twisted even more as he kissed her. The death blow was being told to leave, and Jay staying with his mate.

This morning was worse though. I went to her room to apologize for the night before, that's when I got to see him sneaking out of her room. Maybe sneaking is too strong of a word. He strolled out like he belonged there.

I wanted to break things. Mainly his face. That would get me in trouble with Hails though, so I just went to the gym to work out. I took my frustrations out on the heavy bag, and by breakfast time I was still pissed.

I gave up, grabbed a plate full of breakfast sandwiches, and headed back towards my room. Before I could make it out of there, I caught sight of them. His arm was around her waist when they entered the dining hall. The asshole is not good enough for her.

I was nearly at the steps when a new scent caught my attention. No, no, no, no... Noooooo! The scent of oranges and cream did not just make my dick twitch. It did not just stir my wolf. It did not just make my mouth water. I did not intentionally stalk towards the conference room where that scent was drifting from. I did not want any of these things, but they all happened.

Inside the room was the Queen, and she was talking to someone else around her age. The woman has caramel skin and dark hair. Next to her was a younger girl. She could barely be of age by the look of her. I knew she was where the offending scent was coming from. She was pretty I guess. Her skin was lighter than the older woman's, but still a caramel tone. Her hair was curly and died a violet color. Her back is to me, so I can't see her face, but her body has a nice shape.

My body nearly carries me into the room before I stop myself. I internally growl and turn from the room. Sprinting up the stairs I desperately try to put as much distance as I can between myself and that scent. I want no parts of that scent and what it means. When I found out Hailey was not mine, I swore I would never have a mate.

Feeling as if the scent has pressed itself into me, I shower. I need to rid myself of it. It does not help that my cock is now at full mast and my normal fantasies do nothing to curb the lust pounding in my cock. I don't want this. I don't want her. I don't care who she is. I need to leave. If I go, I can pretend this never happened.