CH 16: Welcome Home

CH 16: Welcome Home (Jay POV)

"So it's up to you to choose. What do you want, Cookie?" I ask as she sits between my legs while I rest against the headboard.

Her tongue runs across her bottom lip before she sinks her teeth into it. The sight of her hunger makes my dick twitch against the small of her back. "I want... I want..." A small moan leaves her lips as she fantasizes about what she wants.

My mouth lowers to her ear, "Say it. Tell me what you want."

"I want cookies." I laugh. We have been doing this every night this week before bed. At twenty weeks her nightly cravings have been adorable. I wish she craved something a little more physical, but she has been on bed rest for a while now. "What kind of cookies do you want."

Her brow creases as she thinks about it, "Chocolate chip." Her face lights up like a kid on Christmas, "Chocolate chip with walnuts."

I send a mind-link down to the kitchen staff, so they can satisfy her hunger. "They sound amazing. Every cookie should have a nut in it."

I hear her gasp and she turns to swat my chest. "You are so bad." She returns her hand to her robust belly, rubbing circles as she goes. My little princess will be here in about five weeks.

She scared us some time back. Izza and I had been arguing that she needed to slow down. You could see that the weight of the pregnancy and the stress of running the pack was wearing her out. Morning sickness has kicked her ass the whole time. Even after we got tonic sent over from Elders. She is stubborn though and continued to refuse help.

She argued with me until the day I found her passed out in our closet. All color was drained from her face. It was the scariest moment of my life. I thought I had lost both of them. We were lucky though, and she woke up. The doctors diagnosed her with pre-eclampsia. They have her on some mild medication for high blood pressure and put her on bed rest.

After that, she stopped arguing with me. I think she was as shaken by the experience as I was. Neither of her brothers wanted to take over as Alpha. The good news is that her cousin Chase was actually the perfect replacement. His parents were the former Beta's, and he is a Fury. The Fury family has good stock for Alphas and he has more of the build for the job than her siblings. He also has an eye for business and is well educated.

This past weekend she officially passed the torch over to him. I thought she would have fought harder, but she has been in good spirits. We have a jet chartered to take us back to the Kingdom in the morning. As much as she wants to stay in Texas, we have better doctors. I also think she agreed so she doesn't have to watch someone else rule in her place.

There is a knock on the front door and I extract myself from our bed. When I open the door, I am handed a large container of cookies and a four-pack of some of the best chocolate milk I have ever tasted. They have a dairy farm on the edge of the Pack, and it is so good.

Before I return to our room I stop at the guest room door and knock. Michka answers the door. She looks a little sweaty and a glace at the TV shows she was doing some kind of pregnancy workout. As far as her pregnancy has gone, it has been smooth sailing. She broke down after I told her that Dian left on a Pack mission. She has stayed with us. I'm not sure who knows about her being pregnant, but that's her business.

"Hey, you want some cookies and milk?" I offer, but I know she's not going to take it. She has been a complete health nut since she found out.

"No, I'm good. I had a veggie and fruit tray brought up earlier." She motions to the plate sitting on the desk just inside the door. "How's she feeling tonight."