⤖ chapter fifty

Heart pounding

Heart pounding. Palms start to sweat as it slid on the side of his forehead too. The four waited expectantly, aware that one of them will have their phone ringing in no time.

Sehun pressed the call button after many seconds of contemplating and getting nervous of the result this might have.

A ring resounded.

Everyone's head turned to that one person's device who owned the sound.

"Huh, who must be your caller?" Myunghui asked, brows raising in expectancy to her best friend who dared not look at the phone, awkwardness ripping out of her flesh that it limited her from making a single move.

"Aren't you gonna take that?" Suho asked, leaning to the side to want to see the name of the youngest lad's on the screen of Heejung's phone that is nicely put in the cup holders on the arm rest.

Sehun's eyes flickered up to Heejung who was staring dead straight back at him with emotionless gaze, almost appearing as if she's spacing out. But actually, she just did not know what to do to the rapid hammering of her heart against her chest.

The call had already ended and she still did not do anything, not even glanced at her phone. Sehun kept his gaze at her, his phone dangling from his hold that loosened. Suho and Chanyeol shared a look before shaking it off. But Myunghui wasn't planning on doing that any sooner.

"Could you tell us who you called, Sehun?" she innocently asked, wanting confirmation she knew her best friend is too shy to ask.

"Secret." Her lids lowered as her face pokered at his reply, frowning in dismay.

"Whatever. I'm just gonna check Heejung's phone later."

"I feel like I want to eat ice cream." Chanyeol looked at Suho as the sudden shift of topic amused the girls. "Do you want ice cream, hyung?"

"It's okay?"

"Let's go buy ice cream then. You pay. Hehe."

"Nice going, tower."

"Hey, aren't we gonna continue the game?" Myunghui said.

"Oh right."

***

Heejung cupped her phone from her back pocket, intrigued to know who called her as they were finishing to pack up their things. Darkness and stars already coated the skies as the clock had hit 7 in the evening. Committed to another appointment, Chanyeol excused himself to be the first to go.

Heejung stood a long distance from Sehun's car where they were busy putting the equipment in the trunk. She could see Myunghui lifting the paper bags as she waited for the guys to finish stuffing the other things in.

The black screen illuminated as soon as Heejung unlocked it.

But it was a missed call she did not expect to see on the screen.