⤖ chapter thirty-six

"So," Sehun leaned against the counter as he watched Heejung's busy hands preparing a cup of coffee in the morning

"So," Sehun leaned against the counter as he watched Heejung's busy hands preparing a cup of coffee in the morning. "What do you think?"

Pouring hot water in her white matte cup, she replied, "I think we just need the basic appliances for now. Like vacuum, stuff like that."

"Should we list them all down?"

It was 8 in the morning. Heejung was the first to wake and come downstairs after doing her morning routine to find some breakfast to eat. Sehun followed about ten minutes after who directly came to her as he heard the quiet sounds coming from the kitchen.

Sehun crinkled his eyes from the sun that hit his face in the living room, behind the gray curtain hid a wide, long glass window. They both sat down on the gray couch, beside each other and Heejung flips out her phone to take notes of what they should buy.

It was a rather calm and quiet morning for them. Birds chirping and trees following the direction of the wind that blew outside, creating a relaxing ambience inside the couple's house.

Heejung's shoulders relaxed as she leaned against the back of the couch, lazily typing every appliance Sehun utters on her phone.

"What else?" Sehun mumbled to himself, wandering his gaze around to see what should be included in the list, according to what they need.

Pressing the home button, Heejung dawned her eyes on her lock screen—her, Heejae and Myunghui, back on vacation trip in Jeju before.

"Do you think it's safe if we go out?"

"Yeah," he answered without a trace of hesitation. "They won't find out it's us. Besides, I don't think they'd be everywhere."

"You sure?" Heejung cocked a brow.

"Yep."

***

The two entered the mall, in their casual clothes with masks on up to their noses, to avoid any attraction from the few people inside the vicinity. Heejung could hardly see people, in which made them feel even more relieved.

"I sent you the list. I'll go this way." The lass turned to the other aisle before them, however, a hand gripped her wrist, stopping her on her tracks.

Sehun coolly pulled her, pursing his lips as he subtly scratched the tip of his nose. "Let's go together."

Without any words said, Heejung could not do anything but follow as he did not give her a chance to be released from his hold. Like an electricity striking the skin that the boy held contact with, Heejung couldn't tear her eyes from their hands that collided.

Sehun did not seem to care as he casually asks her where they should go, turning away from Heejung's amused, concerned and befuddled orbs.