⤖ chapter forty-one

If there's anything Heejung was guilty of, that would be her disdain of her parents

If there's anything Heejung was guilty of, that would be her disdain of her parents. Especially after knowing that her father did not make a move for his youngest daughter—something that Heejung could not believe him do.

Out of the three of them, Heejae was the most favored one of their father. Since they were still innocent children, it had always been her who gets the most gifts on Christmas.

Because unlike the two older ones, Heejae was not scared of talking to their father.

She looked past the hindrances and crossed that bridge. She was the most affectionate one. She asks a lot, talks a lot, wonders a lot.

Everything just changed when their parents got the inheritance of the business.

Suddenly, all the couple cared was money and business. They do everything to keep it running, but the consequence of that was neglecting their children who yearn for them. Who missed having their parents. Who needed them more than ever.

Despite them being busy, whenever the couple had the chance to come home, it was always Heejae they run into. Still their father's favorite.

It never bothered Heejung. Rather, she felt happy for her sister. At least one of them could still feel a pinch of love from their parents.

When Heejae's boyfriend came in the picture, that's when it all became rocky. Heejung had never seen Heejae so madly in love that she thought of eloping with the boy their father disapprove of.

But that's not enough reason for their father to stay still and turn a blind eye to what happened to his youngest daughter.

Heejung wanted to grasp the situation and understand that there must be a reason, but however angle she looks at it, it did not give her any.

"Honestly, I just want to throw everything away and get somewhere far, far away from this place."

Staring at the ceiling in Myunghui's room, the 19-year-old lass laid her frame on her best friend's bed. The movie they were supposed to watch, resounded in the background. The girl decided to have a little bonding time before another semester starts and this was how they did it.

Myunghui turned her head to her right, where Heejung was lying next to her.

"You can do that, actually," she agreed. "But will your parents let you?"

Silence drew between them. The unfairness in her position stabbing her deeper, acrimony washing her system. She knows other people have it worse but how is this any different from her position when both situations makes them stuck in this phase?

She brushed the thoughts off, wanting to talk of a different topic than dwell in it. 

"If you could travel someplace you haven't been yet, where would it be?" Heejung asked.