⤖ chapter thirty-one

Sehun run his hand through his hair then intertwined his fingers together as he dawned his eyes at Heejung's lying, unconscious state

An officer came in the room and the idol rose to his feet to meet him.

"We have already sent him to the police station," said the officer, resting his hand on the side of his waist. "We'll take it from here."

"Thank you, sir," replied Sehun with a tired grin.

The police nodded at him as he tapped him twice on the shoulder before leaving the room and signaling his other crews to come with him. A sigh of relief left the 94-liner's lips. But the burden in his chest remained when he gazed back at the girl's figure.

The doctor had informed him that she'll have to stay for a couple of days to recuperate from the bruises she got. Disbelief, irritation. Why go there without anyone to back you up? Maybe he was the tiniest relieved when Heejung picked up her phone when he called earlier. Or else, this could've been worse than he could imagine.

It was turning evening and she still hasn't woken up yet. Sehun thought maybe he should head home and return tomorrow. He picked up his coat and bag, standing as he sent another glance to Heejung when the door suddenly rolled open, revealing Heejung's parents all frantic and worried over their child.

Ayeong sprinted towards her daughter with heavy breaths and grasped Heejung's hand ever so gently as Mr. Kim trailed behind his wife slowly, trying to process how his Heejung became like this.

"What happened?" Mr. Kim voiced lowly as Sehun's head was hung low and his eyes flickered to the man's hands that balled into a fist.

"I-It was Youngshik, sir."

"Youngshik?" The older turned to him, raised a brow at him as if Sehun's trying to clown him. Ridiculous.

"You seem to know very well, then why didn't you stop him?!"

Mr. Kim's veins in his neck popped out in anger but Sehun didn't back down and stood up to him.

"That's why she's here, okay? Sir, you weren't there either. If she hadn't received my call, you wouldn't even have the slightest idea that she's in danger."

"Don't talk to me like that!"

Sehun scoffed at the older's weak retort. "I'm simply answering your question."

"Not with that tone, no." Mr. Kim shook his head, taking a step closer to the young lad, suppressing the exasperation that's trying to overtake his system.

"Where is this Youngshik you're telling me?"

"He's taken care of, sir."