⤖ chapter twenty-six

Dad

Dad

Five missed calls.

Sehun ignored the vibration of his phone that was starting to annoy him as he parked in the parking lot of the hospital. Heejung had told him she can go by herself but he insisted. The incident earlier prompted him to go with her.

Just to be sure.

"Why aren't you picking up your phone?" Heejung asked as she removed her seatbelt.

"It's nothing. It's just my dad..." he replied and she sent him a look. "And my manager."

"Answer them!" She exclaimed but the idol only shook his head and proceeded to wearing his mask.

He remembered he had another mask in the car's storage compartment and so, he reached for it, making Heejung slightly jump in her seat at the close proximity.

Chuckling, he pulled it open and grabbed the mask that's covered with plastic. He handed it to her and she reluctantly took it.

After they were both set, they came out and in they entered the hospital from the back entrance.

They walked to the reception. Heejung pulled her mask down and the nurse in the front desk immediately recognized her, her eyes rounding.

"Heejung-ssi," the nurse declared. The man behind Heejung caught her interest. Heejung noticed.

She raked her eyes on the nurse's name tag. "Yoora, is Dr. Shin available?"

"I think he's on his break. He must be in the cafeteria," replied Yoora and the 96-liner nodded. "Thank you."

"No problem."

"Where are we going now?" Sehun asked as Heejung started walking towards the cafeteria's direction.

She didn't say anything. Sehun tugged on the insides of his coat. They were still in their formal attires. Some were looking at their way because of the tone of his body that towered most of the people through the hallway.

The cafeteria only had a few people inside, making it easier for Heejung to identify her sister's doctor.

She spotted three people wearing long white coats. One had a long hair that was tied in a ponytail. The other two were men who had short clean cut. Heejung increased her pace and head to one of the doctors lining up to get food.

"Dr. Shin," she stated and the man turned to her, raising his brows in surprise.

"Heejung?"

The man occupying a table near the line called out and the girl instantly turned to him.

"What are you doing here?" Dr. Shin stood up. "Do you have any appointment? Do you have health issues?"

"No, doctor," she breathed. Dr. Shin's face distorted in puzzlement.