⤖ chapter thirty-nine

A shocked expression covered Sehun's face as he gasped

A shocked expression covered Sehun's face as he gasped. "How did you know?"

"It was kinda obvious, you know." She smirked, shrugging.

"I tried so hard to keep it, darn it!"

The pair shared laughter at how they rode along each other's jests, with Heejung hovering her hand over her face by habit, but her bright smile did not slip from Sehun's sight.

"You know, you have a very attractive smile," he said but Heejung did not hear it clearly as a motor zoomed outside.

"What?" She asked, confused.

"What?"

He pretended to be flustered, rounding his eyes in which the lass rolled her eyes at, knowing he's pulling a playful act yet again.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing."

***

Surprisingly, although there were rumors about Heejung and Sehun seeing each other, it did not last in the public eye as it was overlooked because of the two's inactivity in the press. Which made it easier for them to live their ordinary days.

EXO was at the auditorium where their concert will be held, staffs going about the area, checking if everything's in its proper placement to come up with a flawless performance of the members.

During the mic testing, the members spread out on the stage, talking amongst themselves or stretching and warming up for the dance rehearsal later on.

"You okay, Hyung?" Sehun held Suho's right shoulder, noticing their leader's dull countenance and silence.

Suho hummed as he nodded. "Just tired."

It was totally tiring, with all the practices going on for their concert. Sure it was fun, but they aim for perfection in every performance. There are no place for any mistakes. And the boys have engraved it in their mind that their fans deserve the best from them.

"Sehun," Jongin, who was stretching his arms, called and the latter turned to him. "Will she come?"

"Who?"

"Your wife."

Unfortunately, Kai's mic was suddenly on for his turn, and so his words echoed in the whole auditorium. Sehun's orbs widened in panic and so did the members.

"I mean, our wives. EXO-Ls are the best." Jongin's eyes wavered nervously as he shared glances with the members.

Chanyeol broke out into laughter, slapping Kyungsoo's back, not realizing it was him until the lad scowled at him, causing the giant to flinch and take a step back, hovering his arms over his chest in defense.