⤖ chapter twenty-one

Two days after

Two days after

EXO's Sehun allegedly dating the Kim Industries' first daughter.

It was starting to get out of hand. Numerous articles had begun to spread out in the internet throughout the country and even outside. Rumors and theories popping out of nowhere and ever since Heejung and Sehun were spotted getting in SME's building, fans raged.

Coming to school became even more difficult for Heejung despite her reputation. Hearing whispers around you whilst you peacefully walk through the hallways is not really that assuring.

"The power of money, really."

"I can't believe she's been dating an idol all this time,"

"But they look kinda cute though,"

"Cute? Wearing all black looks cute to you?"

"Yeah, got a problem with that?"

"I bet her family's only at it for Sehun's fame and money,"

"Or maybe the opposite. You're missing out the fact that the Kim Industries' actually big too, you know."

All that and many more, Heejung tried to bear it all and act as if she's gone deaf of all the comments people were leaving. She even deactivated her social media accounts for the time being as notifications and messages kept bugging her.

"You're staying here?" Heejung queried as she was about to go out.

"You're going out?" Sehun retorted back, bewildered at her plan as they were still in a heated state.

"It's no biggie. I'm going to school like I always do,"

"Well, good luck with that."

Heejung was sober of her plan to go to school despite the situation they're in. She believes that if it's not proven true, then it wouldn't be really necessary for her to hide as long as she's not with Sehun himself.

The wind fanned her face as she strode to the nearest subway station. The air was starting to warm, an indication that summer's around the corner. And so does their examinations—the reason why all the students are very occupied with deadlines.

Myunghui couldn't really drive her to school as she had an emergency with her family.

So, Heejung was on her own.

It had been a very long time since she last rode a bus. Living as an heir of one of the renown skin product company gave her the privilege of having a service to and from school.

Before, she rode the bus with Heejae and her brother. Back when they were just children of a simple couple employed by one of the first cosmetics in the country. It was just the three of them from the very beginning.