⤖ chapter nine

"Where are we going?"

"SM Ent."

"What?"

SM Entertainment. One of the three big companies known in the Korean Pop industry. The familiar name tasted bitter in Heejung's tongue as she mouthed it, avoiding Sehun's gaze that whipped at her.

"Don't tell me this'll be your first time?" he chuckled, amused.

She didn't like his tone, but chose not to speak, orbs flying off outside as she leaned on the window.

Upon arriving in the huge building, Heejung found herself mesmerized at the construction of the renown company, as though she was taken back in time. That time when she thought everything was just an inch away from her reach, but now was too hard to even touch.

Sehun made another quick look at the girl beside him whom he told to wear a cap and a mask to avoid getting any more rumors from the media.

"Stay close," he uttered before walking off and leading Heejung to the entrance.

Taking a deep breath, she followed after the idol, sticking her head straight as she relaxed her tensed shoulders. The mere idea of having fans catch them together sends uneasiness to the college girl.

When they successfully reached the entrance without gaining the attention of the people in front of the commercial area of the building, Sehun secured an ID for Heejung as he listed her name by the counter. Heejung patiently waited, eyes wandering to the hallways that she once grew fond of before.

"Here's your ID, miss.." the staff handed it to her and she took it, sending the woman a formal bow before Sehun told her they should go.

"Shoot! We're gonna be late."

Heejung rolled her eyes at his mumbling.

We wouldn't be late if it weren't for you, dumbass.

They were supposed to be there by 11, but thanks to this guy right here, it is already past eleven and they still haven't reached their very destination.

After stepping out from the elevator that they had to ride with other employees, Heejung continued trailing behind Sehun until they reach a recognizable door.

Hesitantly knocking on the door, Sehun glanced at the girl beside him, motioning her to take off the cover up she has.

About 10 seconds passed and the door flew open, revealing a man in ordinary clothes who ushered the pair inside.

Sehun went in first but Heejung stayed behind for a few seconds, conditioning herself that caused the idol to look at her, twitched brows.

"Come on," he whispered, eyes boring intensely on her.

With another huff, the 19-year-old willed herself to enter the CEO's office. What she thought was they were just going to the boys' dance practice or a quick thing he had to deal.