⤖ chapter twenty-five

Heejung could feel her body grow limp

Heejung could feel her body grow limp. Sehun's breath were ragged as he beat the sht out of Youngshik. Before he could even break the man's jaw, Heejung pulled Sehun away.

Youngshik grunted. Thought he had already enough but was still able to speak.

"So this is your husband?" He scoffed.

"Let's go," Heejung pulled Sehun but he only rested his hands on her shoulders, staring down at her eyes, as if searching for something.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

This caught Heejung flabbergasted. His eyes were painted with concern. His thumb rubbed her shoulder that sent tingles in her stomach and she lazily pried his touch from her. Sehun immediately backed off, thinking she could've felt uncomfortable in his touch.

"But we aren't done yet, bunny—"

"Say another word and you won't ever see daylight again."

Sehun shot the man sprawled on the ground a glare and his mouth shut. He lightly pressed his hand on her back to gently push her forward.

"Let's get out of here," he said and they head to the elevator.

The idol slipped his facemask from his pocket and slung them on the curve of his ear. Heejung didn't have one. Pursing his lips into a thin line, Sehun flickered his eyes on her with uncertainty.

"Maybe you could use your coat for the meantime. We need to cover ourselves just until the parking lot," he said.

They were just in the 53rd floor and Sehun feared that people would flood in on the floors they would pass. I should've used the stairs instead, he scolded himself.

Heejung immediately slipped off her coat and threw it over her head, only the upper part of her face could be seen as she clipped the fabric together with her fingers.

When they had reached the 52nd floor, the door opened and a few people got in. Sehun subtly hovered his arm behind to tower over Heejung's figure to somewhat prevent the people from recognizing her.

It was a long ride to the parking lot. Even until the parking lot, the elevator was filled.

As soon as the door opened, Sehun pulled Heejung's arm, pushing through the small amount of people, and with long strides, they reached Sehun's car. Upon Sehun's command with his keys, the car unlocked and made a sound.

Without a word, Heejung entered the car before Sehun did.

"Are you sure you're alright?" He asked when he settled on the driver's seat, glancing at the girl who had her gaze fixated on the white, dull ceiling of the parking lot outside.

Sehun started the engine despite not receiving any answer. Maybe he should just let her be. He wasn't sure if what he did to the man was already enough after what it's done. He could still feel the sting on his knuckles from the punch he gave to the guy.