Twenty

Alexis woke in bed and sighed. Things with her and Iain had been tense and she didn't know why. He had shut himself off from her.

She walked into the living room and saw him sitting there with a bottle of vodka. "What the hell? Have you been here all night?" She asked.

Iain nodded. "Yeah. I have. And I'm not sorry. Because I'm sick of saving lives all the time," he said.

Alexis rolled her eyes. She had been getting annoyed with him more and more lately. It was like had had given up on their relationship. "Well... that's the job you signed up for Iain. So stop with this pity act and grow up. You have daughter and one on the way."

Iain scoffed. "You don't know anything. Back off."

"Sort it out Iain."

***
Alexis went into work. She walked over to Ainslee. "I think I'm going to kill Iain."

"Why? What's happened?" Ainslee asked as she looked at her.

Alexis sighed. "I found him sitting on the sofa. With a bottle of vodka. And he's not been to sleep. He hasn't moved apparently."

"Is he okay?"

Alexis nodded. "Oh he's fine. More than fine in fact. He's just being an asshole for no apparent reason," she said.

Ainslee smiled. She took her hand. "Let him know that you're pregnant. And that you don't need the stress of dealing with him why he's like this. You don't need this drama when you're close to the end of being pregnant," she said.

Alexis sighed. "I just don't think I can do this with him being like this. I don't wanna deal with him and have to look after a baby."

"Talk to him."

***
Iain was sitting in the back of the ambulance. He looked up as Alexis walked towards him. "We need to talk," she said.

Iain rolled his eyes. "No we don't."

"Yes. We do. Iain, you're shutting me off. Making me feel like I've done something wrong. When I haven't. All I've done is support you in everything. I've accepted you have another daughter. I've become best friends with your ex. And I love your daughter. But this has to stop."

Iain scoffed. "Get off my back Lex. I don't want to deal with you."

"Fine. Be like that. Drink yourself stupid all you want. But don't come crying to me when it all goes tits up," Alexis said as she walked off.

***
Alexis went back to Ainslee's. She saw the girls playing in the garden. Alexis smiled. "Do you think Poppy will be playing with them in a couple years?" She asked.

Ainslee nodded. "Yes. Especially if Angel has anything to do with it. All she's going on about is how she won't be the baby sister anymore. She'll be the big sister," she said.

Alexis smiled and nodded. She sighed. "I don't know what's going on with Iain. But it's doing my head in," she told her.

"Leave him to have his man period. He'll calm down soon enough," Ainslee said as she hugged her best friend.

Alexis smiled and sighed. She hoped Ainslee was right. But she had no idea how things were about to get a lot worse for her and Iain.