Twenty-Three

Alexis was sitting in bed. She sighed. She and Iain had been rowing an awful lot lately. It was mainly about Jordan. She hated how his ex had come between them.

She looked up as Iain walked into the bedroom. She looked to him. "Can we talk?" She asked.

"Nothing to talk about. I want to see my daughter. But you don't want me to," Iain said as he looked anywhere but at her.

"I don't trust her. There's something going on. There has to be. Why else would she contact you out of the blue?"

"Because my daughter is dying! Maybe she has a big enough heart to know that," Iain spat. He turned and walked out of the bedroom.

Alexis sat there. Sick of how Jordan was coming between them. She hated it and she just wanted her and Iain back to how they used to be.

***
Alexis went into work and sighed. She saw Ainsley. "I think I'm going to murder Iain and Jordan."

"Why? What's happened?"

Alexis sighed. "She's coming between me and Iain. And I'm sick of it. We're always arguing. And he thinks I'm trying to keep him away from the child. Im not. I just don't trust that she doesn't have an ulterior motive," she told her.

Ainsley smiled. "My friend. She's helping me. She's following Jordan. She's going to get back to me."

Alexis sighed. She felt a tear slip down her cheek. "I'm sick of it now. I'm having his baby! And he doesn't care," she sobbed.

"I'll talk to him. I promise you."

***
Alexis had just finished with her patient. She sighed as she saw Iain. She walked over to him. "We need to talk. The way you're acting with me."

"Oh stop it. I have a kid who's dying. You do realise that? I have a daughter who's dying and I can't even see her because you're acting like a selfish bitch," Iain spat.

"I'm not being selfish! I'm just protecting you."

Iain scoffed. He turned and walked off. Alexis shook her head. She placed a hand on her baby bump and sighed. She hated how she and Iain weren't even talking.

Charlie walked over to her. He smiled. "I've heard what's happened. Are you okay?" He asked.

"No. Iain is driving me insane. I don't know how much more I can cope with. I'm having his baby and he just hasn't even asked how I'm doing. I'm due in a month and it all sucks."

Charlie took her hand. He smiled. "It will be okay. I promise you."

"I hope so."

***
Alexis was sitting in the flat alone. Iain hadn't come back at all. She was worried about him. She didn't know why. But she felt like he was doing something.

Alexis looked up as Ainsley walked in. She smiled. "Hey. Has your friend found out anything?" She asked.

Ainsley sighed and shook her head. "No. She's trying though. She thinks it's weird how now Jordan has gotten in touch."

Alexis nodded and sighed. But she had no idea that everything between her and Iain was about to come crashing down. And it was going to change it all.