Twenty- Two

Alexis didn't know how she could help Iain. She felt like he was pushing sway from her. And it was all down to Jordan. Alexis hated her for it. She hated how she had come between them.

When she woke that morning, she walked into the living room. He was sitting on the sofa. She sat down. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"Not really. My little girl is dying. And I didn't even know she existed up until the other day. And that sucks. I just want to see her," he mumbled.

Alexis frowned. "Has she not said if you can see her?"

"No. She told me she doesn't want to confuse her. And I guess I have to live with that," Iain mumbled.

Alexis could tell that there was something going on with this whole situation. That there was some lies going on.

***
Alexis walked into the ED. She saw Ainsley there with Angel. "Iain said he wants to see her. Where is he?" Ainsley asked.

"He's outside. Do you want me to take her out?"

"Sure. Tell him from me that I'm sorting this out. I'm finding out what's going on. I don't trust Jordan and I'm going to do my hardest to find out what she's playing at," Ainsley said.

Alexis nodded. "Thanks. I just think it would be more hard if her exes girlfriend gets in touch," she told her.

"Yeah. You'd think that. Jordan would do anything to rub it in that she had Iain. But if they were happy, why did he sleep with me?" Ainsley said with a grin. "Trust me. I don't want to sleep with him again."

Alexis smirked. She winked. "You have your own suitor," she said as she took Angel's hand. "Let's go and see daddy."

***
Alexis was walking through the ED. Iain had taken the day off and had taken Angel out. Alexis sighed. She hoped that things could be sorted by the time that their daughter came.

Alexis saw Ethan and smiled. "Hey. How's it going with Alicia? I hear you're both moving on from what happened to Cal?" She said.

Ethan shrugged. "It's going well I guess. I miss Cal. But I know he would want me to be happy," he told her.

"Good. You deserve to be happy. And Cal would be proud of you for finding happiness. I'm proud of you too. Now, maybe you can have some little Ethan's," Alexis teased as she hugged him.

Ethan laughed and walked off. Alexis sighed. She just wanted her and Iain to be back to how they were.

Alexis smiled as she got a photo on her phone of Iain and Angel at the beach.

***
Alexis smiled as Iain walked into the flat. Angel ran over to her. She giggled. "Daddy takes me beach. And we buy toys for mine sisters and you!" She said.

"Wow. Thank you cutie."

Alexis looked to Iain. "You look a lot better. Are you okay?" She asked as she looked at him.

Iain sighed and smiled. "I'm as good as I can be. All things considered. I wish I could do something. But there clearly isn't. So I have to focus on my future. With you, our baby and my little Angel," he said as he kissed her.

Both of them unaware of how the truth was going to change everything between them.