Twenty- Five

Alexis knew how she and Iain were trying to make it work. They were having a baby together. And they wanted to be okay. But it was hard.

Jordan was still trying to come between them. And Alexis was getting sick and tired of it. She just wanted to know what she was playing at. And she wanted to know before it caused too much damage between her and Iain.

She knew how Iain was feeling. She felt bad for him. She knew how Jordan had messed with her head. But she needed him in the right headspace for their baby.

It was the only thing she wanted. For him to be okay.

All she knew was that everything was just getting to her. And she didn't know how much more she could deal with.

When morning came, she was sitting in the kitchen with Ainsley. Ainsley had come to drop off Angel for the day as Iain had the day off.

Ainsley looked to her and smiled. "So you're both making it work? How's it going?" She asked.

"It's going as well as it can. I just can't help but feel like maybe Jordan is going to break us for good. I love him so much. And I don't want to lose him," Alexis said as she looked to her.

"You won't. You and Iain have been through too much. You're having a baby. And you have part time Angel. You're not going to lose him," Ainsley told her with a smile.

Alexis sat there and smiled. She didn't know what to do.

***
Alexis was in work. She looked up as Iain ran in. Angel was crying in his arms. "What happened?" She asked.

"She touched the cooker. When I was making some bacon. She's burnt her hand. I turned my back for a second," Iain said.

Alexis looked to him. She took the toddler from him and took her into a cubicle. She smiled. "It's okay sweetie. I promise."

"Daddy on phone to mean lady."

Alexis frowned. She turned to Iain. "Whats she talking about?"

Iain sighed. He looked away from her. "Jordan called. I took my eyes off of Angel for a second. I didn't mean for it to happen."

Alexis shook her head. "We'll talk about this later. I need to look after your daughter."

***
Alexis was fuming. She hated how Jordan had distracted Iain from his daughter. She wanted nothing more than for
Jordan to get out of their lives.

She was clearly hanging on for a reason. And Alexis wasn't going to give up.

She saw Ainsley who was taking Angel home. "You're not going to stop him seeing her are you?" She asked.

"Not at all. I just... I want him to get over Jordan. She's messing with his head. And look at what happened. She got hurt," Ainsley said.

***
Alexis had gotten Jordan's address from her file at the hospital. She pulled up outside of the house and sighed.

She didn't know what she was going to find. But all she knew was that she wasn't prepared for what waited for her.