K_K- Candy And Cakes

Requested by: TheMetaKid

Thanks for the request! :D Now onto the story! (Also just for future and current reference, I headcanon K_K and Sweets go by 'he/they', and Cap'n goes by 'he'. Since I'm pretty sure nobody knows what's canon for these robots, that's just my guess.)

~~~

You sighed deeply, slumping against the counter of the small candy shop you worked at. It was a great job, despite your current mood. The only problem was that business was slow in this part of the Cyber World. Resting your chin on the countertop, you glanced sidelong at the notebook you had full of doodles sitting a short distance away. The upmost page was blank and inspirationless. 

All of the candy was already stocked up, everything was clean and sparkly (you had mopped this morning), and nobody else was there to trade shifts with... mostly because once the Queen started getting harsher, lots of the staff bailed on the small business to try to make it big.

However, popularity wasn't something you wanted. You just wanted to be happy. And candy, well, it helped a bit.

You overdramatically groaned in boredom, resting the entirity of your face against the cool, smooth counter. Your hand fell into place near your head, and you drummed your fingers. But that was when you heard a faint ring of a bell. Sounds like the door... you thought, but didn't bother looking up, your fingers still moving along the countertop rhythmically. Though that door sometimes doesn't shut properly... It's gotta be just the wind catching it.

"Hey, that's a nice rhythm," a clear voice suddenly spoke from out of nowhere. You shrieked and jolted into an upright position, throughly startled until you laid your eyes upon the tall figure before you. The green robot snickered, resting a single forearm along the countertop. "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you!" they apologized, wearing a kind smile.

Your eyes went up them to their face, and you couldn't help but gape at this surprise customer. Whoa... they look so cool...! was the first thing you could think. Then heat rose to your face at realizing you were staring, and you forced yourself into professional mode. "Uh, hello! What can I get you?" 

The robot let out a long, thoughtful hum, intertwining gentle music beats into it as they scanned over the shelves. Finally, their gaze settled on you again. "You seem like someone I could trust with such a thing..." they mused, and you opened your mouth and raised a finger about to inquire what that meant, but they suddenly continued, "A bag of assorted candies would be nice! I trust your judgement!" They gave you a bright grin.

You blinked, then a smile came over your face. "Yeah, of course!" you chirped, cheerfully grabbing the size of candy bag the customer had chose before going about the shop, scooping up candies of whatever you guessed the robot would like. 

However, it was oddly intimidating, as if a lot of pressure was riding on what candies you chose. You had never felt this sort of pressure when preparing something for a customer before, and it definitely wasn't your first time making an assorted bag of candies either. What then?  you wondered, then shaking your head a little to yourself. They said they trusted me, so I have to trust my judgement too! Besides, it's just candy, who wouldn't like any of the combonations of candies I could make?

"You really seem in your element," came the robot's friendly voice again from where they were watching you by the counter.

You turned your head to look at them, pausing with a scoopful of sour gummy bears. "Huh?"

The green robot suddenly looked a little embarrassed. "It's just you seem like you really know what you're doing. I didn't know anyone could get into the zone by scooping candy!" they explained.