Sweet- The Slip Up

Request by: Berdly'sHusband

Thanks for the request! :D Now this one gets a liiiittle bit of angst, just because this was inspired by a prompt on the internet and I had to roll with it! With that, now onto the story!

~~~

You took in a deep breath, taking in the smells of the city. Your eyes kept getting glued to staring at the bright flashy lights around you, like a moth attracted to a flame. You couldn't help it. While Cyber City had some really big political problems, you had to admit there were lots of wonderful things about the place.

It was your home, after all. No controlling Queen was going to take that away from you!

A smile came over your face as you approached the delightfully familiar shop owned by Sweet, Cap'n, and K_K. They were almost like brothers to you, with how they always gave you such warm feelings and never went without making sure you were well fed. Plus, you always had a blast when you were with them. They never were the type for dull moments anyways. Close to the shop, now you could hear the booming bass from the speakers inside. 

The shop door made its usual creaking sound as you nudged it open, then your eyes set on the two robots behind the counter as usual; Cap'n and K_K. You only managed to walk in a few steps, about to ask where Sweet was, before Cap'n hopped over the counter and blocked your path.

"Whoa, hey, what's going on?" You asked in concern as Cap'n uncharacteristically darted behind you and began pushing you further inside.

"I'd give ya the usual greeting, Y/N, but we've got a real problem and need your help BIG TIME!" he exclaimed in brief explanation, even talking slightly faster than he usually did. Considering he is a fairly cool and calm individual, this alarmed you a bit, though you tried not to show it. Does... this have to do with Sweet? you wondered, a heavy feeling settling in your stomach at the thought. 

Cap'n pushed you along past the counter, where K_K had stood up straighter at your arrival. They gave you a warm smile and a friendly wave. You giggled (albeit a bit anxiously with concern for your friends) and returned the gesture, before they vanished from your view as Cap'n shoved you along past the speakers and towards the stairs.

"Could you please explain to me what this is about?" you asked him, heading up the stairs yourself, not wanting Cap'n to try shoving you up them. That, you knew, would not go well.

Cap'n followed in step close behind you, the stairs crying under both of your weight. "I'd tell ya, but you're going to find out real quick anyways," he replied.

As much as you loved him, this made you a little annoyed. Seriously Cap'n? Don't be cryptic with me now! I need to know if you guys are okay or not! You rolled your eyes. Sheesh, if this turns out to be a prank, I'll... I'll... Your thoughts trailed off as another series of sounds intercepted your ears. You could still here the bass from downstairs, but it was mixed in with a song that was... very unexpected to hear.

It was a sad romantic pop song. And it was mixed with the soft sounds of a voice.

You stopped in your tracks, but hardly realized it. You turned to look back at Cap'n, any annoyance replaced immediately with worry. Cap'n met you with a serious expression. Okay, this is definitely NOT a prank, you determined quickly. You opened your mouth, "Is Sweet...?"

"Sweet's been like this all day," Cap'n finally explained, frowning. "K_K and I tried getting 'em to come out, but they just wouldn't. They've been holed up in their room this whole time, and we don't know what to do."

You nodded in understanding, your eyes tearing up a little in spite of yourself. Just imagining Sweet being up there all alone and unhappy was enough to make your heart hurt. "I'll see what I can do," you whispered, blinking the tears away.