Noelle- My Christmas Star

Requested by: YOURS TRULY, YA'LL! 

Thanks for being here, everyone! This is officially the last oneshot here! Yep, the very last, so I hope you all enjoy it! I'll have more content on my account if you like my writing and want more to read, and yeah! Merry Christmas, and have a happy New Year! Now onto the story!

~~~

"It's quite chilly out tonight, isn't it?" The deer girl next to you asked, holding a cup of hot cocoa in her hands as the two of you walked in the snow. A light snowfall drifted down from the dark heavens above, really making it like a dream around you. Noelle looked over at you with a soft smile. "Are you warm enough?"

You were huddled up in your best coat and a scarf that she had given you as an early Christmas present when she heard you didn't have one. Between your mitted hands, you clutched your own cup of hot chocolate, which did help you keep warm quite a bit. You nodded. "Yeah, I'll be alright," you assured her, giving her a warm smile. "So, which street should we start at first?"

Noelle's ears perked up a bit, which knocked some strands of her blond hair aside. "We should start with some of the nicest houses! I know a street that always has some really endearing decorations."

Your cheeks went a little pinker at her childlike excitement. "Lead the way then, Ms. Holiday!"

She stuck out her tongue a little with an unamused expression. "That was bad," she commented at your unintentional rhyme, and when you realized what she meant, you snorted a little as you started laughing. Yet, she still took your free hand and your heart leapt in your chest as she started leading you down the street. 

Even for something as small as going to look at Christmas lights, you couldn't help but feel proud of her. She noticed your beaming smile and confusion came over her face. "Um, what's up, Y/N?" she asked.

"I'm just really proud of how you've grown as a person," you admitted. "When we first met, you were too nervous to even decide which place we should go get lunch at." You chuckled. "You ended up panicking and making ME decide some days. And now, look at you! You're the one leading me along for Christmas light hunting!" 

She blushed, smiling softly back at you. "W-Well, I couldn't have got to this point without your help," she replied. "You really helped me feel more confident with myself." She squeezed your hand. "I've always appreciated that about you." 

Red blossomed over your cheeks. "Awww..."

A comfortable silence settled between the two of you as you arrived at the street she seemed to be talking about, as she turned towards it with a sparkle to her eyes. "Ooh! This is it!" she told you, looking at a house on the corner which had blinking red and green lights as well as a fence of candy cane decorations with lights wrapped around them. Both of you paused in front of it to admire the work put into the decorations before continuing down the street.

"Wow, it looks like nearly everyone has gone above and beyond on this street," you mused, seeing that each and every house had decorations in some form. This was quite a rare sight, since streets always had at least a couple people who weren't interested in decorating. 

Noelle nodded in agreement. "It really is something else, huh?" she said.

You sipped your hot cocoa. "Seeing all these beautiful houses makes me feel a little sad I didn't put more effort into my house," you confessed.

Noelle looked at you. "What? No, your house looks amazing.  I love the little snow people family you made!" She smiled, holding her warm drink close to her lips. "I think it's extra special."