Kris- Their Cape

Requested by: MellowBerrie

Thanks for the request! :D Now onto the story!

~~~

You trailed after Kris, watching their hot pink cape fluttering behind them. You rubbed your arms, your teeth chattering uncontrollably. Oh, why, why, why, did my Dark World outfit have to be sleeveless? you cried internally. Of course Kris' outfit didn't have sleeves either, but they at least had metal gauntlets that went up to their elbows. Your bare arms on the other hand were fully exposed to the dreary, cold temperatures of the Dark World.

Besides, for whatever reason, they didn't seem cold.

"S-So, umm... K-Kris...? H-How much, uhm... f-further do you think w-w-we'll have to g-go?" you stammered, partially due to your shyness but now mostly because you were freezing to death.

Kris looked over their shoulder at you and shrugged. They took in your shivering mess of a state and stopped in their tracks. You nearly bumped into them as they turned to face you. 

"U-Uh? K-Kris? W-What's up?" you asked them, though you knew it was a bit of pointless thing to ask. They had never spoken to you, let alone anyone else from what you were aware of. You had guessed they might be mute, but never could work up the courage to ask. Perhaps selectively mute? You weren't sure.

They reached back behind their neck with both hands, seeming to fiddle with something before their cape suddenly came loose. Then, they held it in front of them, coming closer to you. You felt your heart begin to pound in your chest and your cheeks get warm as they stood close to you, before tying the cape around your neck instead. Their metal gloves brushed over your neck a bit as they tried tying it, and you felt your face go red.

Once it was securely tied, they stepped back to take in their handiwork. You did feel a bit warmer now, between the cape you could pull a bit over your arms and your burning face. "Th-Thank you, Kris..." you murmured, feeling embarrassed under their attention. They gave you a thumbs up, then turned on their heel and continued onward. You followed after them.

As they kept their gaze focused straight ahead, on a mission like they always were, you now felt well enough to take in the scenery. The Dark World sure was an interesting place with lots of strange and unique plants and monsters. A few red leaves spiraled down past you from the towering trees. One leaf even landed on top of your head, which made you giggle a bit. Kris looked back at you, smiling a bit to themself.

The two of you continued onwards, and you nestled your face in Kris' cape to keep your face warm, only to be met by a nice surprise. Oh! It even smells like them! you realized, blushing with delight at the comforting smell of pie and... school? You never would have expected school to be a comforting smell, but you did somehow manage to end up in a mystical other world inside the school closet. The Dark World was cool, in more ways than one, but it really made everything you knew feel further and further away.

Kris suddenly and abruptly stopped and you made a soft sound as you collided with their back this time. You stepped back and rubbed your nose. "Mmn... S-Sorry, Kris..." They didn't turn around. "Uh... um, Kris, what's u-?" 

You felt your face go red when they put their hand over your mouth, but the Darkeners in front of you two had already spotted you. The foes ran at you, and the world around you faded into darkness. Embarrassment flooded you as Kris removed their hand from your mouth, looking a little defeated. "O-Oh, I'm s-so sorry Kris! I should've been quiet..."

They finally turned to you, waving their hands around quickly in reassurance that they didn't blame you. Then you both looked towards the two Darkeners in front of you. They were these strange looking white rabbits. They almost looked like piles of snow on first glance, and were surprisingly big for rabbits... which made sense since they were Darkeners, not real rabbits. There was also a strangely dusty property to them.