~Ask The Author Answers~

A/N: Thank you all so much for 3.6K views!! And 195 votes!! What are ya'll doing with your free time?! 😭 (Jk ily all and appreciate the support more than I can put into words, gshjshsghs-) 

But holy crap, you guys delivered BIG TIME when I asked for questions for me! And really great questions at that! I hope I didn't miss anyone's; I tried to include all of them! (Well, besides repeats of course!)

~~~

Q: Any tips for new writers?

A: Stay in school lmao- Ah, I'm partially joking! Partially... 😂 Though legit one of the most helpful things is having a vast mental dictionary of words to use when you're writing. It improves naturally as you get older. But there are still many times where I read over something I wrote and realize I used a word a few too many times to the point where it was annoying, and have to fix it. 'Said' is a word that is most affected by this. That's why I use lots of variety to the point where you could hardly find me writing the word. There's nothing wrong with using 'said' at times, but variety helps give your story more life and prevents 'he said this, she said this'... for example. Uhhh, geez, I could go on this topic forever honestly. So many things have shaped how my writing has gotten to this point. The biggest though- cliche as it is- is writing daily or every couple days. It really is the best way to improve. And if you find past writing cringy, that's GOOD! That means you improved tons!

Also, one tiny extra tip I cannot stress enough with fanfic writing: HAVE. SPACING. PLEASE. 😅 So many fanfics are just a wall of text without the enter key ever being used, and I physically cannot read a block of text. It hurts- IT HURTSSSS! I want to read whatever story someone made, but then I just see a block of text and my eyes force me to faintly skim it instead- 😭

Q: How are you such a good writer?

A: I don't know, practice since I was 5 years old, I guess lol! But really, yeah, practice is important. For fun, I'll give you all the little run down of MY personal process of writing a oneshot: First, I choose a character (or have a character chosen for me lmao!) and try to come up with a basic idea. If I've got nothing, I'll either leave it for later to write (some days I'm just not in the right head space) or I will search up 'oneshot fluff prompts'.

... I'm not even joking. 😆 😅 I'm suuuper creative-

Then once I got the basic concept down, I start writing! However, if it is a character I haven't wrote before or just don't feel confident writing, I search up resources to help. These are typically either their wiki page or video clips where I can listen to their voice and mannerisms when they speak. For Spamton, I relied a lot on the wiki and these two videos: 'SPAMTON'S SALES PITCH DELTARUNE animatic' by überwachen... and 'Spamton Neo Voice Acted (Deltarune Voice Acting)' by Audiospawn. THEN, once the writing is done... which I usually do either in one sitting if it is easy to write, or I'll do it over a few days... I edit and read through it out loud to catch mistakes, and then it gets published!

Q: What's your favorite food?

A: Ice cream cake probably! I love ice cream... And so combined with cake (which is heaven-)... It's like... magic- haha-

Q: Do you have a favorite type of flower?

A: Is this because of the Spamton flower shop oneshot? 😂 Anyways though, uhhh, let's see... I don't really know much about flowers honestly. I like roses though? 🤔

Q: How did you discover Deltarune in the first place?

A: Well, I was actually in the Undertale fandom before this! And I stuck in it really good; like I was obsessed for years, legit. Deltarune chapter 1 came out and... I couldn't care less. 😂 Yeah, at the time, I would come across some Deltarune stuff and like... I'd look at some of it, but my interest wasn't there. I did like Jevil though! Oh ho ho, but then Chapter 2 came! I watched Merg's playthrough, and I was HOOKED! (Blame Spamton- That little sponge is too interesting for his own good smh- Also Queen too though. The characters are just... so frigging quirky in Chapter 2! I love them!)