• Chapter Two • (Third POV)

"You're sure about this?" The dark haired man said as he sat on his drum stool, sticks in hand. He was skeptical and rightfully so. An up and coming band practically unknown letting an icon of theirs waltz in off the streets and watch them play? It was crazy.

Ludicrous.

"I'm sure." Yoongi said glancing up from checking the sound system. The taller of the group walked across the garage floor, parting his hair perfectly with his slender fingers.

"You think she wants to be front and center?"

Yoongi scoffed playfully watching his hyung pamper himself in the mirror hanging on the wall. "No one will outshine you."

"Yeah but—" the drummer rebutled when the girl walked up to the open garage door.

"Oh.." she nervously smiled. "It's open...hello."

Her hair was tied loosely in a bun, shoes worn and scuffed while her outfit seemed at the most minimal effort. Yoongi smiled proudly. "You made it! We were just about to do sound check."

"Awesome!" She smiled. "I'm so excited to hear you guys."

Hoseok chuckled nervously while the singer ran his fingers through his hair one last time.

"This is Hobi," Yoongi pointed to the drums "and this is Jin, our vocalist."

"I'm Y/N!" She extended her hand. Jin raised an eyebrow.

"Hey, we don't do that here. It's for old or important people."

"She's just being polite, hyung." Yoongi stared at the elder who soon understood he came off disrespectful.

"Sorry, I'm just teasing you." He smiled. "So tell us, why did you leave the band?"

"Jin hyung!" Hoseok joined in. The girls eyes narrowed as her lips formed a smirk.

"You seem like the kind of guy who wears lip balm. But not just any lip balm," she says humorously "cotton candy scented."

"Vanilla."

"Ahhhh." She nods. "My second guess."

Yoongi smiled scratching the back of his neck nervously as his biggest idol stood before him. "Y/N....we really appreciate you taking your time for us. If you don't mind, I'd love to show you what we can do."

"Of course! And please, I'm really not some kind of celebrity or anything. I played some big crowds but I'm just making music like you guys!"

The men all nodded at one another, getting into place as they counted out the first song. The bass hit first, followed by drums before Jin's voice echoed through the walls. The girls eyes lit up, loving the melody and potential if only there was a guitar playing in the mix. She raised her hand. "Wait! Tell me what key you're in." She interrupted causing them to stop.

"Uh...E?"

"Do you mind if I—? She pointed to the guitar across the room. Yoongi shook his head. She stepped over, placing the strap over her shoulder as she tested the tune. "Okay, start again."

The bass thumped in, their nerves even higher now that they didn't finish the first song. Her fingers glided delicately across the strings adding another element to their sound. Jin smiled, gaining more adrenaline to boost his vocals. By the time it ended, their minds were made up.

"Do you want to join our band??"

Y/N POV •

My heart dropped. Another band? So soon? I just got here. We played one song.

"Oh...I hadn't really considered joining another band..." I smiled softly. Hoseok pointed his drumstick at me across the room.

"You wouldn't have played with us if you felt disloyal to them. You're scared."

"I'm not scared." I force our with unbelievable attitude.

"You completely rebuilt my song." Yoongi glanced over. "I've never heard it played that way until today."

"Thank you, but—"

"Think about it." Jin said without persuasion. "We have two months until Battle Of The Bands."

"You're competing in Battle Of The Bands?" I blink in disbelief. There's a waiting list to get the spots for the producers to hear your music. Their potential must be more than I expected to make that list.

"We could really use you."

I nibble my lip looking at each of them. They're hopeful. Grateful. Dedicated.

So place my fingers back on the strings.

"What time does practice end?"