• Chapter Four • Jimin POV

I just wanted a chill night.

A party to introduce our secret weapon.

A night for everyone to get excited about battle of the bands.

Instead, I'm watching Jungkook being chased around the house by Taehyung.

"Get back here you asshole!" He yells across the balcony Jungkook just hurdled over. I chuckle in amusement.

"I didn't know who she was!!" Our maknae defends. I believe him, but it doesn't matter. Tae's out for blood.

"Your disgusting dick was in my sister's mouth!!" I glance over to Hyuna who is hiding her face in embarrassment and can't help but laugh.

"You did it to yourself."

"Mind your business, Jimin!"

He can't catch Kook, he's way too quick on his feet. Just as I suspect, Taehyung bends over to catch his breath.

"You-are-dissapointing our family." He chokes to his older sister who rolls her eyes. "And you!" Jungkook stands 10 feet from his likely murderer. "Learn to keep it in your pants!"

"Tae, come on. Everyone's been in her mouth. OW!" A blow to my chest shuts me up.

"Oh bite me, Jimin." Hyuna seethes and I blow a kiss.

"I'm serious. Keep it in your pants."

"I got it." He answers still feet away from us. "Won't happen again."

Y/N's mom calling •••📞•••

Fuck...

"Hi mom."

"Jimin~ how are you? Did you get the food I sent over?"

Her voice echos in my ear and I quietly walk outside to hear her better. "Yes ma'am." I smile. "Thank you for that."

"Congratulations on your success, my son. I'm so proud of you." My son...she still calls me that. "Have you heard from Y/N lately?"

"She's doing well." And she is. I know that even though it kills me deep down.

"Oh....that's relieving to hear. Be sure to thaw that soup before you eat it. Let me know if you need anything, okay? You're still family to me."

"Yes ma'am...I will."

I hear footsteps behind me as I slide my phone back in my pocket.

"Her again?" Namjoon asks.

"Yep..." He only pats me on the shoulder. It makes getting over her so much harder when her family treats me the same. I love them....I do....but it's a reminder.

"That wall you've got up has gotta come down sooner or later. You know that right?"

I fake a laugh.

"It doesn't bother me."

It does.

"If you say so." He pats my shoulder again before turning around. It falls out of my mouth before I can stop it.

"Do you think she will come back?"

"Y/N?...I don't know....she usually sticks to her words..."

Those words are all too true.

"Yeah...you're right. It's probably for the best anyway....we were toxic."

"You were toxic. She put up with it for as long as she could. You just weren't good to her, Jimin."

He's right. I pushed her away. I was scared of her talent...of her beauty...of men seeing how wonderful she was...and I ruined it.

I ruined her.

"You live and you learn." I bite down hard, grabbing a beer from his hand he had brought out for me and take long gulps.

"What did you learn?" He questions while joining me for a sip.

"Easy...a woman like her...you'll never get twice."

____

Y/N POV

My ears hurt. I've been here all night playing with them. It's been great...but their equipment is outdated. They really need to upgrade if they'd stand any chance at battle of the bands.

"This stupid amp!!" I hear the leader say while simultaneously punching it.

"What if—"

"That's not gonna help it."

"But I—"

"Tried that."

My eyes go back and forth between the members before I unplug it from the wall and watch their heads all turn to me.

"It's fried. There's no fixing it. You gotta get a new one."

Yoongi smiles at me sarcastically. "We'd love a new one. Problem is we can't afford it. Come on, Y/N. We're playing in Hobi's mom's basement."

Hoseok seems offended. I pull out my phone and browse.

"This one's only $1200." I turn it towards them and they blink unamused.

"Only twel— do you hear yourself??"

"It's an investment. Better quality means better sound. Better sound means better response." I argue. Seokjin steps forward with a smile.

"We can sell calenders of me to raise the money."

"As nice as that is Jin, I have a better idea." I chuckle and the members give me their full attention.

"We sell my songs."