• Chapter Ten • Yoongi POV

It's silent. Everyone's left by now and the thought of Y/N's sad face lingers behind. I roll over in bed, face first groaning into the pillow annoyed by my actions. She didn't do anything wrong but I made her feel like it's her fault for our unearned success.

I just wanted it to happen naturally...not like this.

d i n g !

My phone lights up and it's a text from her. I lift my head off the pillow and unlock the screen.

Y/N
I hope you're okay. I'm sorry about the drama.

MYG
No I'm sorry.
Just overwhelmed is all.
Hope you're not too upset with me.

Y/N
Of course not
🙏🏻

__

I smile at that and go back to the photo of all of us. Our band goes well together. She was definitely the missing link we needed since....well since you.

I don't talk about you. No one really does. From start to finish we always said.

Guess you finished before us.

Maybe that's the real reason I'm scared of success. I'm scared to finally reach it without you.

I miss you.

My heart aches from the thought and I shake it aside. I can't afford to think like this anymore. I went to therapy. I got better. I'm passed it.

I force myself out of bed and downstairs where I see the garage light still lit through the crack of the door. I push it open and see her sat down in the floor writing completely focused.

"You're still here?"

She looks up at me with determined eyes. "Yeah, hope you don't mind. I just had some ideas and wanted to write them down before I forgot. I was about to leave."

"You can stay." I offer. "I have a guest room."

"Are you sure? I'm fine to drive home, I—"

"It's fine, really. It's across the hall. Take your time, I didn't mean to interrupt just shut it all down when you finish."

"Thank you, Yoongi." She says when I turn away and I hesitate for a moment before I nod.

My feet carry me upstairs to my room again where I force myself to lay. My eyes are glued to the ceiling.

I'm so used to being the only person here after practice. Occasionally Jin might stay but for some reason this feels different. It's new.

Close your eyes, Yoongi. Go to sleep.

I don't listen, they stay open in the dimly lit room. Ten minutes go by and I hear the garage door close and the sound of a light switch flick off. Her footsteps quietly climb the stairs and continue past my door and stop across the hall.

My heart slows to an almost fatal beat.

Don't move. Stay.

d i n g !

Jung Hoseok
Hey watch this tik tok lmao
https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdjPAsU1/

____

Damnit Hobi!!

I lay my phone flat against my chest and picture a scenario where I get out of bed and knock on her door. But why? That's crazy. We don't like each other like that.

Do we?

Do I??

This is new territory for me. I've never crushed like this. If this is a crush? Maybe it's just that I am so entranced by her talent??

Yeah that's it.

That's all this is.

I hear the floor creak again before her knuckles softly knock against the wood.

"Yoongi? Are you awake?"

"Yeah.." I murder out.

"Um...I don't want to be rude or intrusive but I'm hungry...do you have any food?"

I cackle loudly, jumping up and opening the door. "Yeah, come on. I'll make you something."

"Oh I can do it, I just didn't want to go through your pantry without asking."

"Nah it's okay. I'm kinda hungry too." We get downstairs when I notice in the light that she's still in jeans. "Hey, you need a pair of shorts or something?"

"Sure if you can."

"Ramen okay?" I ask and she nods. I grab the pot and suddenly realize I feel normal again.

Why was I feeling like that earlier?

I chuckle, smiling to myself for being so weird and glance over where she's browsing her phone. "Did you see this video Hoseok sent?"

"I haven't watched it yet." I admit.

"Here." She gets up from the barstool and walks over to me to show me.

And she laughs.

And the feeling comes back.