• Chapter Nine • Y/N POV

There are so many ways I've created a monster. My lyrics are my truth but I didn't expect them to be flipped and turned into something its not.

Well not entirely.

Jimin's finally trending. But for the wrong reasons. And I'm finally getting recognition...for the wrong reasons.

"It's not terrible." Hoseok sighs behind me watching the Twitter page flood with continuous drama. "I mean, they love you but...they also hate you."

"One side is team Jimin and the other side is team Y/N." Jin adds.

"I didn't want this. When I wrote those songs I just wanted to sell them and raw emotion sells."

My eyes almost bulge out of my head when I see a new trending hashtag.

#jungkook

"Jungkook?? Oh God, what did I do that got him involved!" I quickly force Hoseok to click the thread. The top of the page shows a video posted from We Are Pandora's account with Jungkook playing guitar. "Play it!!"

I stand their stunned as he effortlessly plays one of my old solos from a song we never released. My eyes fill to the brim with tears at all of the comments praising his arrangement when I know it's my own.

"Whoa...what's wrong?" Yoongi turns to me and I shake my head and walk away. "Hey!" He calls after me. "What happened??"

"That's...that's my arrangement. I made that melody...no one knew about it but Jimin...they did it to hurt me."

"Why would he stoop so low?"

I blink away the tears and glance back at the screen. "They want to be relevant and the bad attention is worst case scenario for them. They're just using my hard work to get Jungkook good attention so that people like him more than me. It makes no sense though! That's my solo!"

"Why didn't you release it?" He questions and I look him directly in the eye.

"Jimin told me it wasn't ready yet and to save it for Battle of the Bands. It was supposed to be our secret weapon to secure the show."

"Y/N come look at this..." Hobi waves me over and I oblige. My heart sinks to my throat.

TRENDING
#jungkook
#wearepandora
#y/nrivalry

"THERE'S NOT A STUPID RIVALRY!!" I shout at the screen completely irritated. "Why are people feeding into this shit!?"

"Y/N look..."

#shadowmoon

"You guys are trending?.." I blink. "How do they know?"

"I posted a pic of our practice, I guess it went viral a bit since you're in it." Hoseok smiles and my jaw drops.

"No...I don't want you guys dragged into this."

"Y/N we've been getting nothing but support! Look! We had 300 followers yesterday....were up to 9K."

I quickly skim the thread, positive feedback flooding the screen and I smile. They love it. They love us.

"They haven't even heard us play together yet. Why would they be so supportive?" Jin inquires and I nod confused.

"Because of this." Yoongi's face is dark, making my smile falter. He hands me his phone, showing me the picture. We're all smiling, captivated by each other and our music. It speaks volumes compared to our competition who constantly remains serious and edgy. But why does Yoongi look so defeated?

"This is a great picture." I look up at him. "Why do you seem so—"

"It's nothing." He grabs the phone again and slides it into his pocket. "I'm turning in for the night. Make sure to shut everything off when you leave." He tells us.

We all look at each other with confusion.

"What just happened?" I ask.

The two boys shrug their shoulders. My curiosity gets the best of me and I head upstairs after our leader.

"Yoongi!" I call out but he keeps walking. The door shuts just before I get there and I hear the click of the lock. "Hey...let me in."

"I'm fine, Y/N. Just tired."

"You're always up the latest working on music, there's no way you're going to bed at 10pm."

The door unlocks and swings open quickly. He faces me with an expression I've never seen before, angrily holding the door. "You don't get it. That picture says a thousand words. Yeah, were smiling but do you see where we are? A garage! And do you see our makeshift soundboard held together with duct tape?? Not to mention the condition of your guitar versus our instruments."

"You're worried about that? People don't see money, they see—"

"Do you know how many times we've been turned away because of it? We aren't your old band, Y/N. We didn't earn that support from our music, we earned it because you are in the picture. You are the reason we even have a chance and if you leave us....we might end up trending for the wrong reasons too."

"Yoongi..."

"Goodnight Y/N." He frowns, closing the door once again in my face.