• Chapter Seven • Jimin POV

"You were sooooo good!" The girl at the bar sitting next to me says. I smash my third shot since finishing our set.

Just seeing you is agony.

"Thanks." I mask a confident smile. She's basic and won't see through it. You always did. You saw me for who I truly am.

Even when I wish you didn't.

"Buy me a drink?" She bats her eyelashes and caresses my arm. I wave the bartender down. Not because I want to impress this girl but because any form of attention and comfort feels nice right now. How pathetic is that?

"Chim," I hear left of me and I turn to see Taehyung. "We're about to head back. You coming?" I nod.

"Nice to meet you." I say to the girl who is clearly offended. Maybe she thinks I'm a jerk but I can promise her it would be worse if I stay. I don't want to use people like that anymore.

"So Y/N watched the whole show." He says while we approach the van outside.

"Yeah."

"You think she did it to throw us off?"

I shake my head. "No...I don't know..."

"What's up with you?" He arches his brow and turns towards me.

"The whole show...she never took her eyes off of Jungkook."

"Well yeah? He is playing her parts, she wants to hear and see the difference of the songs she helped write. They don't play the same."

"You're probably right.." I sigh.

He puffs out an audible chuckle. "You think she would really be into someone like Jungkook? The same guy who took her place and gets with anything that moves?"

I laugh softly at that too. He's right. You're too smart for someone like him. You see through people.

"Speak of the devil." I whisper.

"Did you know they have mints in the men's room?" He says out of breath. "I thought you guys left me."

Yeah—no. You'd never fall for him.

"Get in the car!" Namjoon yells from the driver's seat to all of us. We oblige, scrambling to see who gets shotgun.

Kook mocks us as he gets their first, sticking his bejeweled tongue out. I roll my eyes and hop into the middle seat.

"That was an experience." Joon says pulling out of the parking lot. "Glad to see you calmed down, Jimin."

"She brings out the worst in me, man. It's like I'm a whole different asshole when she's around."

"Oh shit—" Taehyung gaps looking at his phone screen. "We're trending!"

"What?? Let me see!"

"We Are Pandora brings the house down with first public show since lead guitarist and former ex-girlfriend of the singer was dropped from the band. It is rumored that new guitarist, Jeon Jungkook (24, pictured below) and former guitarist and member Y/N have a sparking rivalry. Fans say the two had a stand off prior to the show starting when Jeon showed the crowd just why he was there. The band is set to play Battle of the Bands in two months."

(Jeon Jungkook)

(Jeon Jungkook)

"Damn JK, you really stole the show!" Taehyung beams, hitting our newest member on the shoulder proudly. "This is SUCH great feedback!!"

"Congrats, Kook!" Joon smiles to the passenger beside him. I hand the phone back to Tae unamused.

"A rivalry." I scoff. "Damn people make shit up so fast."

"It's not the worst thing." Namjoon says back at me through the rearview mirror. "We get publicity, the public watches us even more to see the shows go down. It sounds like fun."

"Yeah but they clearly disses Y/N in this when they said Jungkook proved why he deserved to be there instead of her."

"That's not what it said."

"That's what it implied." Taehyung suggests. "It's got thousands of comments already in just two hours. This one says 'wow, I didn't know your songs could sound even better than they already did. Love the Jungkook!' and this one says 'its about time you guys took your careers to the next level! See you at BOTB!'"

My eyes widen. "Really??"

Jungkook turns around in the front to face us. "What else do they say?" He smiles and Taehyung hands him the phone. "'JK is' and then three fire emojis and three drooling emojis.'"

I look at him, studying his reaction. It's not cocky, it's actually humbled. It's the first time I've seen him drop the ego and dumb routine. His smile instantly drops as he reads more and hands the phone back. "What??" Taehyung looks down. His reaction drops as well making me grab the phone.

"Y/N would wipe the floor with that wannabe. I stopped listening the minute you got rid of her. #traitors"

"Yikes..." Tae exhales. Jungkook faces the front harshly biting down causing his jaw to flex. "It was more positive than negative, Kook. Don't let it get to you."

I watch as he pulls out his phone, immediately going to practice videos from the week prior and studies his set again. This kid is a perfectionist.