• Chapter Eleven • Jungkook POV

One more try.

Just one more..

I glance over at the clock: twelve fifty three am.

Ugh.

I press my fingertips into the strings again despite the aching pain they give me. I've been at this for hours but still can't get it right.

I watch the video again. The way her fingers glide over the strings so delicately yet the sound is so intense. It's pure magic honestly.

I don't know how she does it.

I follow closely, eyes locked on her movements and hit note for note preparing for the section that I can't seem to master.

Fling!

The string snaps and strikes me across the face. I wince feeling the cut across my cheek. I throw my guitar in frustration.

The solo I practiced with Taehyung wasn't as advanced as this one. He wants me to play it live but I can't seem to move this quickly. And it feels....wrong.

These are unreleased and private videos of her that she made herself on their studio camera. She had no idea when she filmed them that they'd be used against her.

I mean yeah, part of me wants to learn it and be proud of accomplishing it to her level but the other part of me knows just how much guilt will consume me.

I tug at my hair, placing my head between my hands as I rest my elbows on my thighs.

My chest retracts as I exhale out and click out of the video. I need a fresh mental break before I try again. I scroll through the log, noticing a folder I hadn't noticed before. I click it, seeing the hidden icon below it. Whoever hid this folder must have left it visible since the last time they opened it. Intrigued, I click again, seeing a list of unnamed videos.

I open the first.

"Testing one two!" Jimin's voice calls behind the camera as it films walking into a room. "There she is!" He exclaims as he pans the camera over her the bed as she wakes up. "First night in our new apartment. How'd you sleep?"

"Mmm..." She stretches. "Turn the camera off."

"I need to document for when we're famous and in love." He flips the screen to show himself as he leans down and gives her a kiss. She groggily pushes the camera away but I see the look on Jimin's face.

I've actually never seen him so open.

"Well Y/N is still testing out the new place so we will continue this later." He gives a happy peace sign before the video ends.

I quickly click the next one.

"Y/N, tell the camera what you got." The camera zooms in on a bare Y/N's face as she pouts.

"Jimin...." She chuckles pouty.

"Tell them." He urges.

"I got a direct message from the producers of Battle Of The Bands that they want us in next year's show."

"So why are you sad baby?" He laughs.

"It's happy tears." She pouts. "I'm just so proud of you."

Jimin flips the camera to show both of them as he leans his head against her shoulder. "My biggest supporter. I love you."

I click the x, scrolling to the last video in the list. My eyes go wide when it starts.

"Go ahead. Say it to the fucking camera." Y/N's voice narrates this time as Jimin stares into the lens with cold eyes. His hair is disheveled, his eyes smudged from sleeping in eye makeup probably from the night before. He looks away unamused. "Say it! Say you're a fucking liar."

"Stop." He shakes his head glancing up at her. "What's it gonna do, huh?"

"You're using again. You lied to me." Her voice peirces in anger and heartbreak.

"Oh grow the fuck up, Y/N. I'm not a drug addict. I just had a little fun."

"A little fun? Look at you!!" She screams and pans the camera around their trashed apartment. "What the hell is all this??"

I stare in disbelief.

Jimin stands up from the bed reaching for the camera. "That's enough." He says but she pulls away.

"I'm done." And he halts. "I'm done, Jimin."

His eyes lower and he turns away. "Get out..."

And the screen goes black.

I stare at my reflection for a solid minute, swallowing the rollercoaster of emotions I just witnessed. I hide the folder again, shutting the computer down and look over at my guitar on the ground.

There's no way I'm playing that solo.