° Chapter Thirty Four ° Taehyung POV

"That was amazing!! Did you see the crowd??" Namjoon shouts as we exit backstage. The roaring continues through the whole building.

"It was bigger this time..." I smile in shock. "Jimin wasn't what kept us going, it was you!" I look over at Y/N who stands just as surprised as we are.

"But...I don't understand."

"You're incredible." Jungkook says to her softly. "They love you."

"It was your song." I poke him in the chest "and your playing."

"And your voice Namjoon adds. This works. This dynamic right here works!"

I watch her expression fall. "C'mon Y/N, this is a good thing!" I tilt my head. "It's what we've worked for."

"Shadow Moon deserves this too." She says looking up at me with saddened eyes. "I can't just abandon them."

"Think of it this way..." I ponder. "They've got a shot at winning just as we do. You helped them earn it. Who do you think is gonna win? And do you want to be on that team or not?"

Jungkook glares at me. I shrug.

"I....I can't." She pulls her guitar over her body and shoves it at me before walking out into the bar area.

"Nice." JK smirks annoyed before chasing after her "Real nice."

"We fucking need her, dude."

"I know." Joon responds. "But between Kook and the other guys she doesn't know what to do."

"I fucking made sure they'd be out of the running and she still walks away." I shake my head.

"What?"

"That guy? What's his name, Yoongi? The bass player? That accident wasn't an accident or random. I set it up."

"You WHAT!?" Namjoon snaps. "What the hell is wrong with you! You could have crippled him!"

"Relax, he's fine. He's gonna play anyways so it was a waste."

"You're acting like Jimin."

I snap my head back at him. "What did you just say?"

"I said." He steps closer and into my face. "You're acting like Jimin. You've lost the music, all you care about is the fame. You're finally front and center and it's ruined you."

"Oh eat shit, Joon. You have no idea what you're talking about."

"Can't handle the truth?"

"Truth? You want truth? The reason you're still tight with Y/N even after she left is because you're in love with her and won't man up and say it."

"Me?" He laughs. "What about you, huh? Mad that she joined after you two had history? Mad that Jimin was fucking her? Mad that Jungkook is after her? Look in the fucking mirror, Tae."

"That's rich coming from a guy who's never had a girlfriend."

He scoffs and walks away, leaving me backstage with the silence of loneliness and piercing sound of people on the other side of the wall having a good time. I head towards the bar to grab a drink and collect my thoughts, spotting the singer from Shadow Moon.

"Hey. Did you guys watch the show?"

"We were here to support, Y/N." He says coldly without looking at me.

"Yeah, she's something else. Wheres the other guy? The bass player."

"He left."

"How's his hand?"

He finally makes eye contact with me with a quick inhale and shoulders tense. "Fine. He will be playing just fine."

"Fine?" I laugh. "That sounds promising." I can't even take a drink before he's knocking it out of my hand, getting it all over me.

"Enjoy your drink." He says coldly and walks off. I start dabbing my clothes with napkins, glancing over my shoulder to make sure no one saw. Then I see them.

Jungkook and Y/N.

I get up to push through the crowd and reach them. "Hey." They turn towards me. "Your boy just covered me in whiskey."

"Go change, that's a fire hazard." Kook says barely reacting.

"Did you just hear me??"

"C'mon Jungkook." She grabs his arm leading him away.

I stand there once again by myself and the realization hits me.

I am becoming Jimin.