Chapter 1

November 1st, 2021

I wake up to someone poking me in the face repeatedly "mommy...mommy" I sigh and slowly open my eyes to my favorite hazel ones staring right at me "yes sweet boy" I sound awfully tired

He lays across my body "Mama I missed you" with a pout. I start to rub his back and kiss his little head full of curls

"Aw my baby I missed you too, let's go get some breakfast" his eyes widen and he darts towards the kitchen. I grab my phone off my bedside table to make sure there were no important work calls or emails and then head towards the kitchen "Ollie do you want pancakes?"

He was waiting for me in the kitchen with the biggest smile on his face. Nothing in the world brings me more joy. "Yes please mommy"

"Okay love bug go play with your toys while I make them" he runs off towards his room and came back with his toys. He set down his little actions figures and I could hear him talking to himself quietly as he played.

I started the pancakes, making them tiny the way that he likes them. I pour some batter on the pan and then sat there and waited to flip it over. I finished up the pancakes and put them on a plate for Ollie and then got him a little bit of apple juice mixed with water.
@charliericci

"Ollie, come eat"he came running over and sat down in front of his plate

"Ollie, come eat"he came running over and sat down in front of his plate. He was still too little to fit at our table perfectly but the fact that he can get onto the chair himself now made my heart swell

"Thank you thank you mommy!"he exclaims, causing me to giggle. He grabs a raspberry and pops it into his mouth.

"You're welcome Olls" I sit down at the table with him and start scrolling through my phone, until I notice him struggling "here baby let mommy cut it up for you" I mentally hit my palm to my forehead. Mom fail.

"Mommy what are we doing today?" He starts grabbing pieces that I cut up and shoveling them into his mouth

I finish cutting them up and look over at my little boy "I'm not sure yet love bug. Maybe we'll just stay in today"I push some of his curls off of his forehead

He nods and focuses on eating his pancakes "mommy can you play watermelon suga"

I nod and grab my phone to start his song from my Spotify. He starts dancing with his pancake on his fork. "Mommy! I love you!" He looks up at me with the biggest smile that just about ends me.

I reach my hands out to him and pull him into my lap, then squeeze him causing little baby giggles to escape his lips "I love you all the way to the moon and back my sweet boy"

"That's a lot?"he asks looking up at me with his little eyes that match mine

I nod "so so so much more than you could ever imagine bug" I cover his face in kisses and then set him back down on his chair to finish his breakfast. I got up to grab myself some coffee and raspberries.