Chapter 24

December 3rd, 2021

I wake up frantically and check for Oliver next to me and Harry on the other side. They are both sound asleep. I had a nightmare that someone broke in again and did awful things to all of us.

I sigh and slowly crawl out of bed so I don't wake either boy up. I grab my phone from off of the bedside table and it reads 7:32 am. I'm going to be late to work.

I grab the bag that Harry packed for me and throw on a crewneck and some yoga pants. I could care less about how I look today. Then I brush my teeth and throw my hair up. I grab my purse out of the bag, then I go down and call a car.

By the time I get to Luxe its already 8:29. I walk in and see Rachel in her office so I go in to talk to her about the schedule for the day.

When she sees me her eyes widen. "What on earth are you doing here Charlie?"

"It's launch day" I say matter of factly.

"I don't care, I saw what happened."

"What do you mean?"

"It's all over the news. Someone broke into your house last night."

My stomach drops and I gulp "it's- it's on the news?"

"Yes babe, you really didn't need to come in today. You should be with your family."

"Oliver is with his dad it's okay. This is important."

She frowns at me "yes, but how are you holding up."

I feel tears start to come out of my eyes and quickly wipe them away "I'll be fine. I just need to make sure this goes smoothly."

She nods "okay, but if you need to leave at any time, just let me know, okay?"

The launch is going to start when the magazine comes out today. We are going to send it to newsstands right at 10 and then launch the article on the website. The perfume is an online order only so they can also preorder it as soon as it drops. I had to make sure everything is going smoothly so I ran around to every department before 10 trying to make sure everyone is all set and ready to go.

Because of Harry this is going to be a huge deal.

By 9:50 I'm waiting with Rachel and some girls on my team in Rachel's office, just waiting for everything to launch.

"hey Charlie, they said the phone is blowing up for you. Do you want me to grab your cell?" Rachel's assistant, Ruby says looking at her cell.

I shake my head "no it can wait until this is done"

"They said it's urgent"

"Okay have them send it to the phone in the other room" she nods and I walk over to the office right next to Rachel's to answer the phone.

"This is Charlotte Ricci senior social media manager for Luxe"

"Charlie" I instantly recognize his angry voice and I gulp.

"Harry-"

"What are you doing?"

"I'm at work. I told you. It's a big day."

"I told you I didn't want you to go in, Charlotte. You were not okay last night, you could hardly speak to me. You shouldn't be at work today. And I didn't want you going out without security."

"Harry I'm fine. I have to be here."

"Oliver isn't. He doesn't understand what was wrong with you last night and why so many people were in your house."