Chapter 37

January 31, 2022

"Yeah mom they're letting me leave now."

"And Harry will be home tonight?"

"Yes mom."

"And you're going to tell him right?"

I sigh. "Yes mother. I'm going to talk to him."

"Because Charlie you can't run away again."

"Mom I know. I promise I'm going to talk to him."

"Okay and I'm going to keep Oliver at least the next couple of days."

"Mom, you know I'm not comfortable with him being there if Milo is there."

"Well he's been gone for a couple of days and if he comes back I promise it'll be fine. You need to take care of yourself and my grand baby right now. You're doing too much."

"Okay, Lauren is coming back with the doctor I need to go."

"Bye Charlie, I love you."

"Love you too Ma" I hang up my phone and direct my attention to the doctor.

"Okay Charlotte. You're free to go, but we're going to need to set up visits for every 3 weeks for now and depending on how your condition develops we may need to see you more."

"So what's wrong with me exactly?"

"We believe you have hyperemesis gravidarum which is basically just really bad morning sickness. Hopefully with the medicine we gave you and the medication we prescribed you should be okay enough to at least keep food and liquids in your body. I can't promise you won't feel nauseous and even that you won't throw up, but let's not let you get this bad again."

"Thank you doctor."

"Also these are for you." He grabs the sheet of ultrasound pictures and holds them out for me.

I hesitate but grab them carefully and fold them up to put in my bag. I can't help but feel guilty Harry wasn't here for the first ultrasound even though it wasn't planned.

Once we're done grabbing all my medication and speaking to the doctor and nurses, we take a cab back to my place.

H🤍: I'll see you tonight baby

The sight of his text makes my stomach drop. I don't know why I'm so terrified to tell him, but I am. I completely forgot I begged him to come home for his birthday tomorrow.

Once we get to my apartment Lauren makes me dinner and watches tv with me. She keeps saying she has nothing better to do every time I tell her she can leave, but really I know she's worried about me and is watching my every move.

Luckily I keep my food down and my nausea is at a minimum.

At around 10:30 she decides to go home since Harry should be here soon.

"Thank you again for everything, I don't deserve you." I say throwing my arms around her.

"I know you'll do the same for me." She says quietly in the crook of my neck and holds me tighter. She pulls away and smiles at me and then moves her eyes to my stomach. "And you, Auntie Laur is telling you, you need to be nice to your mommy." She says sternly pointing at my stomach causing me to laugh. I also realize this is really the first time we've even acknowledged the little baby growing inside of me.

"Get home safely, okay? And tell Tate thank you for letting me share with him."

"He knows you had dibs on me first." She smiles at me and then gets a serious look on her face. "Please please call me and text me if you need anything. I can cancel work and do whatever you need."