22

It was the next morning, the first day of school. To say I was dreading it would be an understatement. 

After I showered and brushed my teeth, I looked in my closet to pick out an outfit. I chose brown wide-leg pants, a white long sleeve shirt, and a brown sweater vest to wear over it. I then put on white air force 1's and grabbed my school bag.

I sighed as I walked out of my house and got into my car. I started the car and made my way to school. 

At a red light, my phone buzzed as I got a text message. 

New Message from Groupchat: Pogues + 1

Kie:
Good luck on your first
day, Scar. We miss you.

Pope:
Wish you were here
instead of the Kook
Academy :(

JJ:
Call me if you need anything.

JJ Changed The Chat Name: Pogues<3

I smiled at their messages. It was sweet of JJ to change the name of the group chat name to just Pogues, it made me feel included. 

Message to: Pogues<3

Scar:
You too guys.
I'll meet up with you
guys later. <3

I continued to drive after the light turned green and finally arrived at school. I parked my car and got out. I walked into the building and everyone was standing at their lockers and talking to their friends.

Soon enough, everyone was looking at me and whispering about me to their friends. I felt overwhelmed. I never thought I'd have to do this without my best friend.

As I reached my locker, I heard someone call my name. "Scar!" I turned around to see a group of girls approach me. "Hey sweetie, you doing okay?" Asked one of the girls, Cassie. I nodded, "Yup." I said as I turned away and started to place some books in my locker.

"Well, just wanted to say I love your outfit. So glad you still have your fashion sense, even if you've lost your sanity." Cassie said. I froze for a moment before turning around. "What?" I asked her. She and her other friends giggled before speaking. 

"C'mon, Scar. We all sympathize with you. I mean, you and Sarah were brainwashed by those pogues. It's so unfortunate what happened to her." She said. 

I knew what she was trying to do. Cassie always sucked up to me and Sarah. She always thought it was so important to be popular. And at one point, I did too. But with everything that has happened this summer, I couldn't care less about popularity

Cassie was just trying to see if I had any fight left in me. She wanted to see if I was still the "Kook Queen."

I nodded my head. "Yeah, it is. But if you don't walk the fuck away, what I'll do to you will be more unfortunate." I said to her. Her smile dropped and regret was written all over her face. 

A few other girls around Figure Eight were saying I was brainwashed, and I knew exactly who started that rumor. Rafe Cameron. 

"And Cas, I know you wanna be me, but you don't have to keep fucking Rafe Cameron and spewing his propaganda at me to do it." I said as I slammed my locker and walked away from her. 

I may not have been around Figure Eight much this summer, but I was still Kook Queen for a reason. I knew everything about everyone.

I could still hear Cassie and her friends gossiping, but it faded as I walked further down the hall. "Scar!" I heard someone shout my name. I sighed and decided to ignore it. "Scar." It was Topper and he was now standing in front of me.