10

I woke up the next morning in my bedroom in shorts and a sweatshirt. A sweatshirt that I had never seen before. I tried to sit up but my head was pounding. "You probably shouldn't get up." I hear a voice from the other side of the room which startled me and made me sit up. 

My vision was blurry, and I usually have pretty good vision. I grabbed my eyeglasses from my nightstand and place them on my face. I turn back to see JJ sitting on my couch. "You have a concussion. So you should rest for a couple of days." He said to me. "Well, good morning to you too," I said as I placed my hair in a bun. 

"Whose sweater is this?" I asked him. "Mine." He said. I shot him a confused look. "Sarah changed you. Don't worry." He said as he got up and sat next to me in bed. "Did you stay the night?" I asked him. "Yeah, we all did. We all left to clean up and I came back to check up on you." JJ responded.

I check the time on my phone and it was 2 P.M. "Oh wow. It's already two?" I said aloud as I got out of bed and looked through my closet for clothes. "Scar, you should lay down and relax. You should probably even go to the doctor." JJ said as he stood behind me. 

"I'm fine, JJ. I just need to get out of the house." I said as I grabbed my black denim shorts, white cropped tank, and underwear. I headed to the shower and was soon enough all cleaned up and ready. 

When I came out of my bathroom, I saw JJ holding my car keys. "What're you doing?" I asked him. "Driving you to the doctors. Just to make sure you're okay." He said as he slid open my door. "JJ, I'm fine--" 

"That huge cut on your face says otherwise, Scar." He cut me off. He walked closer to me and lightly caressed my cheek. "Please just get it checked out. For my peace of mind." He said as he pleaded. After a moment, I nodded. 

"Fine," I said as I walked out of my house and made my way into the passenger's seat of the car. We headed to the emergency room for a quick evaluation. 

I had a mild concussion and the cut on my face was stitched up. The doctors said I would be okay by tomorrow if I rested and drank lots of water as well as take some Advil. With that, we left and headed back to my car. 

"You hungry?" JJ asked me. "I could eat," I said with a smile. He started the car and put it in drive, leaving the parking lot. "What're you in the mood for?" He asked me. I looked over at him and noticed the way he drove. I never usually noticed that kind of thing, but with JJ... it was the little things. 

He drove with his right hand on the wheel and his left elbow rested on the window. His sunglasses sat on the bridge of his nose but hung a bit low. "Scar?" He asked me, bringing me back to focus. "Sorry... what did you say?" I asked him. He lightly laughed. "I asked what you're in the mood for." He said with a smile. 

"But the look you were giving me just answered that question." He said flirtatiously. I lightly hit his arm as I laughed in response to his comment. "I guess I could go for McDonald's or something," I said to him. 

At a stoplight, he looked over at me and lowered his sunglasses. "Kook Queen eats MickyD's?" He asked me. I rolled my eyes, "Yes, she does. Now drive." I said as I pointed at the now green light. 

We pulled into the drive-through and JJ paid for us, which made me smile. We headed home and JJ pulled the car into the driveway. We got out of the car and he handed me my keys. "Where are you going?" I asked as he looked like he was leaving. 

"Home." He said. "Why?" I asked him. "Doc said you needed rest, Scar." He said as he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "Can't you rest with me?" I asked. He raised his eyebrows in surprise. I was also surprised by myself. I was never really the type to show affection.