29

By the time we had gotten back home and were in familiar territory, the sun was beginning to rise.

"Anybody else starving? We need to grab some sort of breakfast." JJ said. John B then pulled up next to a dock and shut off the engine. Pope helped me, Kie, and Sarah out of the boat, and the three of us went looking for food.

Eventually, Kie found a watermelon, and the three of us cracked it open and shared it together. Sarah was explaining to us how she and John B got "married." But really, it was him tearing off a piece of his bandana and giving it to her in replacement of a wedding ring. It wasn't much, but it was sweet and heartwarming.

"Okay, so you really got married?" Kie asked Sarah. "It wasn't exactly legal, but... yeah," Sarah said as she looked up at us with a huge grin. "Am I crazy, or is there definitely something going on between you and Pope?" Sarah asked. 

I looked over at Kie, waiting for her answer. I didn't ask her about it before because I didn't want to pry, but I was curious to hear about what was going on between to two. There has been a lot of tension between them recently.

Kie smiled as she ate a piece of watermelon. "Maybe." She said vaguely. "Oh come on, that's it?" I asked her as I ate a piece of watermelon. She smiled at me, clearly enjoying the fact that she was keeping us in the dark. "That's not a no," Sarah said. 

Kie shrugged. "It's not a no." She repeated. "Girl," Sarah said and Kie and I both laughed. "Scar, you gonna catch me up on this you and JJ situation?" Sarah asked. I smiled as I ate a piece of watermelon. 

"Yeah, what's going on there?" Kie asked. I looked at her with wide eyes. "Oh, so I have to tell you what's going on with me and JJ, but you don't have to tell me what's going on with you and Pope?" I asked with a smile and she laughed. "Touché," Kie said. 

Sarah ate a piece of watermelon as she spoke. "Okay, but you have to tell me because I've been gone for too long." She said. "Last thing I remember was you two weren't talking because you slept with Rafe," Sarah said. 

I sighed and rolled my eyes at the memory. "Yeah, well we're fine now," I said. Both Sarah and Kie looked unsatisfied. "That's it? 'We're fine now?' I see you two flirting all the time and it's obvious you two care about each other." Kie said. 

I nodded. "Yeah, we care about each other a lot. But right now we're just... hanging out. I don't know." I said. I didn't tell them the truth because JJ and I had agreed to keep this between us for now since it's still really early into our relationship.

Kie's eyes widened and so did Sarah's. "What do you mean... hanging out?" Kie said with a suggestive look. "Have you guys slept together yet?" Sarah asked me and I laughed. "No! Sleep in the same bed? Yes. But had sex? No." I admitted. 

"Are you waiting? Or..." Sarah asked me and I shrugged. "I don't know. I obviously am really attracted to him, and I want to, but with everything that's been going on, we just haven't." I confessed. "Usually when we hang out, I'm not just thinking about having sex with him. I actually want to get to know him and be in his company." I said. 

"Wow, that is new for you. Usually, if you want to sleep with someone, you do it." Sarah said. I nodded in response. She was right, if I was attracted to someone, I usually slept with them pretty early on. That's how both of my previous relationships started. 

We decided to get up and walk back over to the boys who stayed on the boat. After picking up more watermelons, we walked back over and walked in the middle of a conversation. "What y'all talkin' about?" Sarah asked. 

"Uh... fishing." John B said, clearly lying. "Droppin' lures." JJ helped his best friend. I shot him a confused face and he smiled innocently. "That's that. You know?" JJ said to Sarah. "Okay," Sarah said as we all got back on the boat.