26

I woke up in an empty bed. 

JJ was frustrated and wanted to spend some time alone at John B's, and I understood that. I had gotten a bit used to the warmth of another person in my bed and this morning was cold, which I didn't typically enjoy.

I got of bed and showered and then brushed my teeth. I went into my closet and got dressed. I had a presentation today with the school board this morning. Since I was class president, I was going to present my ideas on ways to better the school, so I knew I had to dress nicely.

I picked out a short sage green dress and paired it with white strappy heels. I had straightened my hair and put on some gloss and mascara. I looked pretty formal and was satisfied with my appearance. 

After grabbing my keys and my bag, I got into my car and drove to school. The parking lot wasn't packed yet since I was here earlier than everyone else. I parked my car and locked it before walking into the building. 

I presented my ideas to the school board and made points about making the school more inclusive, creating more programs for students, and suggested that the school open applications to more potential students and possibly lower requirements a bit to get more students in the school. I then mentioned concerns from fellow students about the school.

They were very pleased and I felt confident in my presentation. After thirty minutes, I said my goodbyes to the board and made my way to the hallway. The hallways were now flooded with students. My phone rang and I saw it was JJ. I smiled and answered. 

"Good morning, beautiful." He said into the phone. "Morning handsome," I responded. I unlocked my locker once I approached it and put my bag in there and began sorting out books that I'd need for the day. "How's your morning going?" He asked me.

"Pretty great! I just had my presentation with the board and it went really well." I said. "That's great, Scar. I'm proud of you." He said. I knew he was smiling and that made me smile as well. "Thank you, J." I said. "So, I was calling because I had a question that I've been meaning to ask you." He said. 

I had a confused look on my face. "Okay, what's up?" He asked. "Did you tell anyone about us yet?" He asked me. "No, not yet. Why?" I asked. "Oh, well I was wondering if we should tell Pope and Kie." He mentioned. 

I wasn't completely sure if this was something we should tell people about just yet. "Um, maybe not right now?" I suggested. "Oh... why?" He asked. I sighed, I could tell he was confused. "Well, it's still really early, and I kinda like things the way they are right now," I admitted. 

"I know, I do too. But, I mean, they probably already know. We don't exactly hide it." He said. He wasn't wrong. "Yeah, I know. But when people find out then they start asking about your relationship and it's kind of... awkward. I don't know. I'm just private, I guess." I said. 

He was silent for a moment before speaking. I had closed my locker and held my books in my hand as I leaned against my locker. "So... you wanna keep us a secret?" He asked. I couldn't decipher the tone in his voice, and it worried me. "No, J. It's not a secret. If they ask, we can tell them, but we don't have to tell them right now." I said. 

"Well, well, well! Someone looks nice." I heard someone say and I looked up to find Topper making his way towards me. "Who was that?" JJ asked on the phone. "Just Topper. Look, I gotta go. The bell is gonna ring any second now." I said to JJ as I looked at the clock on the wall. 

I sighed before speaking and now Topper was next to me. "Can we talk about this later?" I asked him. "Yeah, Scar. We can talk about it whenever you want." He said to me. I was shocked and more than a little worried now. "Are you mad at me?" I asked him.