7

Sarah waited for John B in the hawk's nest as I sat down on the log fence. I saw John B's van pull up with his friends inside of it. John B hopped out and saw me. "Well hello, John B," I said with a smile. "Hey, Scarlett. Have you seen Sarah?" He asked me. I pointed up to the hawk's nest. "Right where you wanted her," I told him. 

"Thanks." He said with a smile. "Go get 'em, tiger," I told him as he walked away. I saw Pope stick his head out of the van. "Scarlett?" He asked. I walked up to the van. "Hey," I said with a smile. JJ immediately sat up and repositioned himself. I laughed at his reaction. 

"Did I by chance tell you how hot you look tonight?" JJ asked me. "Hmm, you said something along the lines of "you look gorgeous", but I couldn't really understand you over your nervous stuttering." I teased him. Pope laughed.

"Scarlett, are you in on this too?" Kie asked me. "The gold? Yeah." I said. "Another person. Great. I love you Scar but not too many can know." She said to me. "I'm down to help you guys find it, but I don't want the money," I said. 

JJ looked at me like I was crazy. "JJ, I'm loaded. It wouldn't be fair." I said. "At least she's self-aware," Pope said. "You're 400mil loaded?" JJ asked me, expecting me to say no. "I'm more than 400mil loaded. My grandma back in New York is CEO of a huge fashion company and I have a trust fund from her. I don't need the money. I'm just here to help." I said. They all smiled at me.

JJ hopped out of the van and walked over to the fence and I followed. He lit his blunt and began smoking it. "You know, I was wrong... the other night at the beach." He said. "Which night, the night where you held a gun to my head or the night where you tried to kiss me?" I asked with a smile. 

He rolled his eyes at my question. "The night I tried to kiss you. I said I thought you were different and then took it back. But I meant it. You're not who I thought you were." He said as he took another hit of his blunt. "You're not who I thought you were either," I said as we both looked at the view of the water. I took the blunt from his mouth a took a hit of it.

"You're not even gonna ask me?" He asked with a smile. "Nope, if you want it back, you gotta come get it," I said as I walked away. "You're gonna make me work for it, huh?" He asked me playfully. "Who doesn't like a little fun?" I asked as I turned around. 

He was right in front of me and we were only inches apart. He took the blunt from my fingertips and dropped it. He wrapped his hands around my waist as I wrapped mine around his neck. "God, I wanna kiss you." He said as he got closer. "So do it," I said. He looked surprised but he placed his hand on my cheek and leaned in. 

"Please, somebody help!" We both heard. JJ threw his head back in annoyance. "Another time, JJ," I said with a smile. Kie and Pope got out of the van and we all ran over to see John B on the ground, Sarah hovering over him, and the broken railing on the hawk's nest.

"It's okay, I'm with you," Sarah said as she held John B's head. "Sarah, what happened?" Pope asked Sarah. "I don't know what to do. He needs help, Topper shoved him." She said in between cries. "Where the hell is he?" JJ asked angrily. 

"Please, please, please, get help. I don't care who, just call someone." Sarah begged. "Go, go!" JJ told Pope to get help as JJ, Kie, and I watched Sarah holding John B's head as she cried. "Pope, hurry!" Kie shouted. "John B, stay with me," Sarah said as she kissed him. 

I saw Kie's confused face. I knew she would be mad about that later. "Please don't leave me." Sarah pleaded. I got down on my knees and comforted Sarah. "Pope! Come on!" JJ shouted. 

Eventually, the paramedics came and took John B to the hospital. I spoke to the paramedic and went over to Pope, Kie, and JJ. "That's one lucky kid," I said. "What'd they say?" Kie asked me. "Broken wrist and a concussion... a couple cracked ribs," I said. They all sighed a breath of relief. JJ gave me a really tight hug. "Thank you." He said.