9

When the boat was tied to the dock, we all got out and headed our separate ways temporarily. The girls came with me to shower and change at mine and the boys stayed together to devise a plan to get into Mrs. Crain's basement.

Kie sat in the passenger's seat while Sarah sat in the back and I drove. We eventually arrived at my house after picking up a change of clothes at Sarah and Kie's houses. I locked my car and entered my guest house.

Sarah showered first as she was in need of it the most after her jellyfish sting. I went through my drawers to look for clothes. We all needed to wear all black, but I wanted to wear something that JJ would like. 

"Blue is his favorite color," Kie said as she saw me looking through my bandana's. "What?" I asked her. It was like she had read my mind. "JJ. His favorite color is blue." She said as she stood up and picked out the dark blue bandana. I smiled as I placed it on top of the other clothes I was wearing after my shower.

Kie sat down on the edge of my bed. "You really like him, huh?" She asked me. I had a smile on my face as I shrugged. "I'm not sure yet," I responded. I knew I felt something for JJ... I just didn't know what. "He really likes you, Scar," Kie said. 

I gave her a confused look. "How do you know?" I asked her. She rolled her eyes with a small grin on her lips. "He talks about you all the time," Kie said. I raised my eyebrows in surprise. "Really?" I asked her. She nodded. 

"John B told me that too," Sarah said as she came out of the bathroom with her all-black outfit on. "He said it gets kind of annoying," Sarah said with a small laugh. "But seriously, Scar. Please don't hurt him." Kie almost begged me.

I shot her a confused look, "Why would I hurt him?" I asked her defensively. "Scarlett. You have the most serious commitment issues I've ever seen." Sarah said with a laugh. Kie stood up and headed to the bathroom to get ready. 

"No, I don't. I was with Kelce for almost a year!" I stated. Sarah nodded, "Yeah... because you didn't love him. When you love someone, you always freak out and run." Sarah said as she brushed through her hair.

I rolled my eyes at her statement. "I know John B is worried about him," Sarah said. I gave her a concerned look. "Why?" I asked her and she looked me in my eyes. "He's worried you'll hurt JJ." She said as she looked down at her feet, avoiding eye contact.

"It seems like everyone is so worried about me 'hurting JJ'. I don't get it." I said angrily. "Well, you do kinda have a reputation," Sarah said lowly. I sat down next to her. "Like what?" I asked curiously. 

She stood up as she spoke. "Well, you slept with my brother, cheated on Kelce with my brother, and had feelings for JJ while still being with Kelce. Plus, you are known to... you know..." Sarah said as she made a hole with her hand and pulled her pointer finger in and out of the hole. 

"I'm known for sleeping around?" I asked angrily. "That's what JJ said... not me," Sarah said. My eyes widened in disbelief. "JJ said that about me?" I asked lowly. She nodded. "But he does the same thing so, it doesn't matter." She said nonchalantly. 

"It matters to me. Damn, for someone who apparently likes me so much, I'm surprised he said that about me." I said as Kie came out of the bathroom. "Sarah, you told her?!" Kie asked angrily. I shot her a confused look, "You knew and you didn't tell me?" I asked Kie. 

"What exactly did he say?" I asked the two. They looked at each other until Sarah spoke. "Just that you sleep around. But John B said he didn't say it in a negative way." Sarah explained. "Scar, he said it before you guys had feelings for each other. This was months ago. I'm surprised John B even brought it up." Kie said.