33

JJ drove us to John B's house.

The five of us stood on his porch trying to figure out a plan to clear John B's name. "I'm gonna testify under oath. I was there." Sarah said. "I need to talk to a lawyer. See if there's any way I can testify." I said to the group.

"I just need to get a hold of my sister," Sarah said. "Sister?" JJ said to himself. "Scar, do you have your phone?" She asked me. I nodded and handed it to her. "Wheezie is the only other person that knows Rafe wasn't home that day," Sarah said to JJ as she took my phone. 

JJ looked at Sarah with confusion. "Wheezie?" He asked. He clearly didn't think she was of any help. But JJ didn't know about Wheezie's unyielding loyalty towards Sarah. "I don't know what else to do. I got us into this mess. I'm gonna do my best to get us out." Sarah said, now going inside the house.

JJ scoffed before speaking. "Wheezie? Yeah, that will work." He spoke. "She's just trying to help, JJ. It's not a bad idea." I confessed. He looked down at his feet then over to Pope. "Well, she's right about one thing. We gotta do something." JJ said, ignoring my comment. 

"Our boy is a PO-dub right now, okay? He's held captive by the enemy right now, maybe even scheduled for execution." JJ said, growing angry. "Are we just gonna sit here?" He looked over at Kie as she stood up. 

"Then what's the plan? We start by kidnapping Shoupe?" Kie asked the blond. "Maybe, like, that's not the worst idea actually," JJ said. "Oh, it's not?" Kie asked him, giving him an attitude. "No!" JJ answered. 

I sighed as I stood up. "Kidnapping a police officer, more specifically the Sheriff is a catastrophically bad idea, JJ," I said as I stood next to Kie. "That is actually the worst idea I've ever heard," Pope said. "It's pretty bad," Sarah said from inside. 

JJ looked back at Sarah through the open window. "You know what? Please, just stay out of this." JJ said as he looked at Sarah then over to me. I raised my eyebrows in surprise. He didn't want us helping, and I wondered why. Probably because we weren't Pogues. 

I rolled my eyes as I stepped back and leaned against the wall. JJ and Pope continued to argue, but it soon ended when Pope rejected JJ's idea of storming into the jail. "No, fine, man. Sit in your comfy chair. Do nothing. I'm gonna see what I can do." JJ said as he looked over at me and Kie.

"Make something happen, even if I have to do it by myself," JJ said as he put on his hat and walked off the porch and into the pouring rain. "Okay," Kie said as he walked off. "Is he serious right now?" I asked Pope and Kie. They both nodded. 

I started making my way towards him and Kie and Pope tried to stop me, telling me that he's not going to change his mind. I walked away from them and went outside to find him. When I did, I saw him at his bike, about to leave. 

"JJ, what are you doing?" I asked him. He never took his eyes off of his bike. "I'm gonna get John B." He said. I shook my head. "JJ, this isn't prison break. You will get caught and you will be charged." I said to him. 

He scoffed. "When will you understand that I don't give a shit about that? I don't give a shit what happens to me!" He raised his voice. "Well, I do. Just come back and we can all figure something out, J." I said defeatedly.

"Everyone else has shit to lose, but I don't. I'm gonna help my best friend." He said as he started his bike. I walked up to him as he sat down on the bike. "You've got nothing to lose?" I asked him. He looked down at the ground. "Nothing." He said as he kicked the kickstand back and placed both feet on the ground.

"Nothing?" I asked once more just to make sure he wasn't forgetting about something. He looked me dead in the eyes. "Nothing." He said, looking me dead in the eyes. I nodded as I backed away. "All right. Good to know." I said as I made my way back over to Kie and Pope.