2

I decided I was going to stay at Sarah's for the night, neither of us wanted to be alone. I snuck into my house to grab some pajamas and alcohol for us. We were both pissed at Topper. 

I hopped back into Sarah's car after getting my things. We didn't have much conversation on the way to her place, it made me think she was upset with me.

When we parked in the driveway, got into the house, and were situated in our pj's, she opened one of the spiked seltzers I brought. "Hey, Scar?" She called me.

"Yeah, what's up?" I responded as I sat down on the window seat and Sarah sat on her carpet. She took a sip of her drink before asking her question.

"Were you with Kiara at the boneyard?" She asked me. I stopped mid-drink because I didn't know how she'd react. I nodded. "Yeah, for a bit. We were catching up." I said honestly.

"Oh." She said. "Does that bother you?" I asked her. "A little bit, but only because I don't like her... or her friends," She admitted. "Yeah, they're dicks. Aren't they?" I said with a laugh. Sarah nodded. 

"It bothers me how they think we don't go through our own shit too. I understand I'm very lucky to live the life I live but I didn't choose this life... you know?" Sarah admitted. I nodded. "Tell me about it," I said as I kept drinking. 

Eventually, we switched topics and went to sleep.

∴∴∴∴∴

Both Sarah and I had woken up hungover so I went on my phone and ordered an Uber home.

It didn't take long for the driver to get here, and before I knew it I was home. I thanked him and as I walked over to my house, I began to tip and rate him.

"Scarlett." I hear a familiar voice say my name. I slowly turn around to see JJ. "Can I help you?" I ask calmly. He looks at me confused, "You're not scared of me?" He asked me.

I turned around and walked towards the guest house which was where I lived. "I think you're a bit more scared of me than I am of you, to be honest," I said and he sighed. 

"I pointed a gun at you. What if I had killed you?" He was trying to get a reaction out of me. I turned to look at him. "If you wanted to kill me, I'd be dead. Get to work, JJ." I said as I opened the door to the guest house and headed to the shower.

∴∴∴∴∴

After getting ready, I headed into the main house. I was wearing a red bikini top with black denim shorts, white Air Forces, and white sunglasses on my head. I walked into the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. 

"Son, I'm sorry. I can't tolerate behavior like that, not in this house." I heard Gary say to JJ. I began to eavesdrop. "Sir, it was a big misunderstanding--" JJ said but was quickly cut off by my Uncle. 

"A misunderstanding? You had a gun! Everyone knows it was you, son. I'm sorry... but you're fired." Said Uncle Gary with his thick country accent. JJ nodded his head and stood up. "I understand. Thank you for having me, sir." He said as he began to leave. 

"Wait!" I stopped JJ from leaving, earning a confusing look from both him and my Uncle. "Gary, I was there. JJ didn't have a gun." I said to him. "The Sherriff said it was him." He argued. "If the Sherriff really thought it was JJ, would he be here right now?" I asked him.

JJ gave me a what're you doing look, but I didn't acknowledge it. "No, I don't think so. Unless they let fugitives run free all of a sudden." I said sarcastically. "How're you going to fire him for something he didn't do?" I asked Gary.

"I guess I can't." He breathed out. "I'm sorry, JJ. You can keep your job, son." Uncle Gary said. "But if I hear that you're getting into trouble around here boy... you can forget about it." He said. JJ nodded. "Yes, thank you, sir." He responded.