He Knows

"I can't believe the boys are all suspects to Silko's murder." said a very pissed off Macy as she walked the down the school hall with Mia as the bell rang for their next class.

"I know." replied Mia. "How could they have been so stupid? and they even had the perfect motive to kill him."

Larry and Alex joined them.
"Hey girls, what's up?"

Mia greeted Alex with a hostile smile.

"Oh, nothing, just talking about how our boyfriends could be going to jail because they had a great idea to skip class."

She spat out as she crossed her arms and glared at Alex.

"Not to mention," Macy added, striking the same pose at Larrt.
"The fact that they have no alibi and strong motives, which makes them the prime suspect."

"Look, I'm sorry, I'm just as stressed out as you both are, but I know we'll be fine. They're gonna catch this guy."

"Well, I hope so." said Macy, she kissed Larry goodbye and left for class. Alex also went in for a goodbye kiss on Mia but was swerved by his furious girlfriend.

Alex sighed, watching her her retreating form. "This just started and I already need a break."

"Tell me about it." replied Larry "Let's just hope this crap ends soon."

POLICE STATION
Davenport entered the office with a middle-aged woman and a young man.

They found Giovani and David discussing the motives and the potential killers.

"I'm telling you, it has to be Alex Stark, he has the perfect motive to do this." said David. "It's quite simple, he sees his loved ones get threatened by Silko and decides to get rid of him."

"Stop it, David." Giovani replied, visibly annoyed. "Those kids couldn't harm a fly. I say this murder was connected to Silko's illegal activities."

"Gentlemen." interrupted Davenport. "I'm sure you know Dr Sara Sanchez."

Sara Sanchez was the head doctor of the town's hospital.

"Good afternoon, detectives." greeted Sara.

Giovani and David took turns shaking her outstretched hand.

"And of course you know her assistant Kai."

"Good to see you, detectives." Kai said with a bright smile.

Kai's parents were the two other casualties in the attack that killed Roberto Diaz.

9 year old Kai was in the backseat when the ex-con attempted to steal their car and shot them both in a fit of rage.

Kai attended DreVille High, the same school with Alex and his friends, only that he was one class ahead of them and he graduated in June, meanwhile Paul and the rest were set to graduate in June next year.

After graduation, Kai decided to take a gap year and spend it as an intern in DreVille County's hospital.

The aspiring doctor was very familiar with Alex and his tight-knit group of friends.

Most especially Camila.

Like most guys, Kai wanted to be more than friends with Camila, but she didn't feel the same way about him.

So they chose to stay friends, and despite the awkwardness, they still got along pretty well since they had similar aspirations in medicine.

"Are you going to be helping us with the investigation?" Giovani asked.

Sara nodded.
"Yes, I am."

Giovani grinned at them. "Welcome aboard."

STARK'S
"Hey mom." greeted Alex, dropping his backpack.

Mrs Stark greeted him.
"Hi, sweetie."

Alex waved at the only customer in the diner.

"How you doing, Remy?"

"I'm good, boy, how's school?"

"Torture."

"Ah, well don't complain, it was much worse back in my day."

Remy was a small town reporter who worked with the local news, he was a nice guy in general but he irritated people because he was always trying to pry into their lives, hoping to catch something interesting to send back to his superiors at the local news station.

Just then, Detective David Cress walked in.

"Oh, hi David, do you want your coffee as usual?" asked Mrs Stark.

"Yes, thank you Martha." he replied, sitting at a table. She nodded and got to work.

Now that a detective walked in, Remy's reporter instincts kicked and he resumed his conversation with Alex.

"How does your mom feel knowing you're a suspect?"

Alex sighed.
"She believes in my innocence, unlike him," He tilted his head at David.
"He's definitely pointing the finger at me more than anyone else."

David frowned.
"How would you know that?"

"I know you."

David chuckled.
"Yes, Alex, but you are still innocent."

"Until proven guilty."
Remy finished for David.

"That's right, but you have a motive and no alibi, so I hope you can understand why we have you as a suspect."

"Wait." said Martha as she walked back in with the coffee. "You had a motive?"

Alex sighed "Have a seat, mom, there's a lot I have to tell you."

He explained everything about William's lies and his threats.

"Jesus."

"I'm so sorry, Martha, I promise everything will be back to normal if Alex is proven innocent."

Alex raised an eyebrow.

"If? That's it, I'm going over to Larry's, mom. I'll see you guys later."

After he left, Remy turned to Detective Cress.

"Any new updates on the case?"

David ignored him and focused on Martha who looked irritated by his words.

"Look, I personally don't believe Alex or any of the boys did it, I'm just not ruling them out."

"But who?" Martha shook her head in utter confusion "Who wanted William dead?"

Remy spoke up again.

"If you ask me, it must have been someone who really hated Silko, I mean, come on, a sledgehammer? That's just extreme."

"Well, no one asked you, Remy."
remarked Martha distastefully.

David remained silent for a moment, then he shot up from his seat.

"I have to go."
He quickly walked out, leaving his cup of coffee untouched.

Martha watched the detective's retreating form in surprise. "What was that?" She asked.

"I've known David long enough to recognize his 'Eureka' face."
Remy answered, his face shining brightly as he typed words into his phone.

Martha looked puzzled.

"Ok? So what does that mean?"

Remy took his eyes off his phone for a second to smile at her.

"That means he knows."