The Next Victim

The whole town knew what had happened the previous night and the entire atmosphere was intense.

DreVille County was a small town where almost everyone knew each other by name.

The simple thought of a serial killer out on the streets with no clue of their identity was scary enough to make people paranoid.

Larry had spent the night at the police station to protect Alex from Davenport's fury.

Surprisingly, the detective let Alex go.

He'd checked the security camera inside interrogation room and Alex never had a phone in his hands, which means he didn't send the ominous text message.

Davenport didn't tell Alex why he was let go though.

Giovani had been comforting David's family and was on his way back to the hospital to take a look at the late detective's autopsy.

Kai gave some files to Sara.

"Thanks Kai, It's been a rough day."

The assistant nodded.

"Oh, yeah, I meant to ask you...." she started off. "What happened last night? I was looking for you and Sally told me you had gone out, and you didn't answer my calls."

"I'm sorry, Dr Sanchez." said Kai. "Something came up and I had to leave real quick."

"This is serious, Kai." said Sara. "You were missing around the time of Detective Cress' murder. You could be in serious trouble if the police finds out."

"You think I could be a suspect? I don't even have a motive!"

"Kai, your friend Alex is was arrested without a strong reason for committing those murders. So you're going to tell me exactly where you were at the time of David's attack."

As bad luck would have it, Giovani Grande had just walked in.

POLICE STATION
Bruce Davenport did not have the time to feel grief for the death of his partner.

If the late detective was here, he would've smacked Davenport on the head for being a wuss.

"Stop moaning, grab a cup of coffee and grow some balls, we've got work to do."

He smiled at the thought, took a deep breath and went back to his office for the umpteenth time to scrutinize the killer's message in David's phone.

"I am Death, and I make all things equal."

The message had been sent a few minutes before midnight, just before Sara gave it to them.
They'd tried to track the number but of course it was blocked.

While he was struggling with all the possibilities, someone walked in. "Detective Davenport."

He looked up to see Daniel Clarke at the door.

STARK'S
Paul and Camila walked into the the restaurant and found it was empty save for Martha sitting at a table nursing a cup of coffee in deep thought.

She didn't notice them until they grabbed chairs to sit with her.

"Hey, kids. I'm so glad you're here." she said. "I guess you heard all what happened last night."

Camila nodded. "Yes, Mrs Stark. We're so sorry about Alex."

She nodded sadly.

"Uh, we actually came to see you." said Paul. "See how you were."

I'm ok, thank you, and Alex is fine too. He's at Larry's."
said Martha.

Camila sighed. "I just want this killer, slayer or whatever he's called to be arrested."