Two Losses In One Day

Giovani paced the length of the room Larry was resting before he died, Sara stood there with Kai, waiting for him to speak.

"How could this happen? You said there were no complications at all!"

"There weren't! I need to tell the kids."

"I'll tell Camila and she can pass it on to Paul. You tell Macy and Alex."
Kai excused himself and pulled out his phone.

Giovani approached Sara. "Listen. I'm going to need you to give me the results of his autopsy as soon as you get it."

Giovani nodded back and headed to the station. Sara sighed and left too.

Meanwhile Kai was on the phone with Camila.

"Hey, Kai, wassup?"

"Listen, is Paul with you?"

"No, he's at his house, why?"

"Ok, I need you to call him and tell him to come over to your house. I'm on my way there."

"Wait! Is everything ok?"

Kai sighed. "I'll explain when I get there."

STARK'S
Macy was having a cup of tea with Izzy, while Alex was attending the last customer of the day.

"An ex? I can't believe it. I didn't even know she dated someone before Paul." said Macy.

"You can't?" said Izzy.
"I'm not surprised at all. Have you seen her ass?"

Alex frowned at his sister's profanity while Macy just rolled her eyes.

"I don't doubt that. It's just.....I never knew Cami had a relationship before Paul, and I'm her friend."

"I'm her friend too." said Alex. "But I don't care. I have more important things to worry about than some random dude Camila used to date in the past."

Macy shook her head. "I just...why didn't she tell me?"

"Why are you making such a big deal about this?"

"You would understand if you were a girl, my friend was dating someone and I knew nothing about it."

"Come on, Mace," said Alex. "Who gives a damn if Cami had another partner before Paul?"

The door of the diner swung open.

"Sorry, we're closed." Alex proclaimed without even looking at the door.

Sara walked in, looking numb. "It's important."

DAVENPORT'S HOUSE
Bruce Davenport fell back against the couch, he'd been poring over Mia's notebook since Giovani left, but had to give up eventually.

Mia was very unorganized, if the Slayer's identity was in there, she didn't make it clear at all.

Davenport rubbed his hand over his face.

Just when I thought we were finally getting a break.

His inner monologue was interrupted when the lights went out.

He shot to his feet and took out his gun, blinking to adjust his vision to the darkness.

He heard something behind him and turned around but could do nothing to stop the dining chair that was already on a collision course with his head.

The detective was dazed and couldn't even get up, he lifted his head to see a blurry, masked figure in front of him.

The Slayer stood there, staring down at him.